The Power.......of Gold!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

So then, Cartridges.

I've shot Fiocchi for years. Smooth and hard hitting.  However, of late a 'AAA' Class friend of mine has been feeding me various Express offerings.  He is sponsored by them.  I have to say that the range are smooth (incl The once Savage World Cups),  but the most impressive through my Perazzi are the Power Golds.  In 7.5's (UK7's),  I am positively mulching clays.  They make such an audible 'Crack' when the shot makes contact and the destruction at the business end has me wavering.

Interestingly enough, on the Pigeonwatch forum, a kind fellow there is measuring the velocity of shells, and he has hundreds to choose from!  In the top 5 fastest is the Power Gold.  Now velocity doesn't bother me...pattern does.......but its nice to know its going to wallop the little b@ggers at the business end!  Also interesting to note are the advertised velocities of shells on maufacturers websites are up to 200fps down on what they claim!

I am on the verge of a change.........  

Cartridge velocities.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Geordieboy. I just tried power gold 8 on Sunday,  oh boy they made me smile 😊😊🤗 . Fantastic brakes very reassuring.  Will have to try the 7.5 and 9s . Cost a bit more but what a perceived difference its worth it . Ill just cut out the baconroll to pay for them. When i went to rod and gun to purchase them they stated that 'they are flying out the door out selling white gold' 

So then, Cartridges.

I've shot Fiocchi for years. Smooth and hard hitting.  However, of late a 'AAA' Class friend of mine has been feeding me various Express offerings.  He is sponsored by them.  I have to say that the range are smooth (incl The once Savage World Cups),  but the most impressive through my Perazzi are the Power Golds.  In 7.5's (UK7's),  I am positively mulching clays.  They make such an audible 'Crack' when the shot makes contact and the destruction at the business end has me wavering.

Interestingly enough, on the Pigeonwatch forum, a kind fellow there is measuring the velocity of shells, and he has hundreds to choose from!  In the top 5 fasted is the Power Gold.  Now velocity doesn't bother me...pattern does.......but its nice to know its going to wallop the little b@ggers at the business end!  Also interesting to note are the advertised velocities of shells on maufacturers websites are up to 200fps down on what they claim!

I am on the verge of a change.........  

View attachment 7325
I like them but I just won't pay the price for them.  You have made my day though, when I read your post it made the AAA sound like a drug dealer :)

I pay about £220 for 1000 for Officials and about £240/1000 for Golden Traps.

Golds are cheaper. 😎

Hi Geordieboy. I just tried power gold 8 on Sunday,  oh boy they made me smile 😊😊🤗 . Fantastic brakes very reassuring.  Will have to try the 7.5 and 9s . Cost a bit more but what a perceived difference its worth it . Ill just cut out the baconroll to pay for them. When i went to rod and gun to purchase them they stated that 'they are flying out the door out selling white gold' 
Maybe the brakes are not that good after all then  ?    :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back