Effing driven....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

Following on from effing rabbits, I’m now having a bit of a mental block with effing driven.

I seems to ok if they are relatively low down....get the line, keep the gun moving, cover the target and pull the trigger....broken.

Its when they are a bit higher that I fall apart, my head goes all over the place....too much choke (fixed 1/2 & 3/4), too much lead, not enough lead, off line, taken them too late, too soon.....heads a mess, don’t expect to hit them so generally don’t. 

Any thoughts or suggestions....feels like I need to reset myself and start over on these?

If I was you I would go and have a lesson somewhere decent asap (see above!). Otherwise whatever you try, as soon as you miss once you will start questioning everything all over again.

There is probably only one thing wrong and a decent coach would spot that straight away and that would then reassure you and quieten your mind. 

What Squimp said . I had an instructor hour on the high tower at Park Lodge earlier this week . It proved what I’ve always known , that my mates shouts of “behind “  or give it 14’ 7 “ lead on it’s left side , etc . are just total bollox .  The instructor was great . We started on how I approach a target , not with “ this is how we are going to do it “ .  My personal issue was riding the clay too long , and once he’d got me to commiting earlier pulling away and shooting earlier the results started coming .  Ok I’ll never be a world champ but I ended up at 70% on a very high tower , lesson well learned and it emphatically sent a fair few pheasants to the great casserole in the sky today .  

Sometimes it’s worth the money just to get a glitch sorted out . 

Back