2019 Rule changes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leighH

Summary of rule changes from Hugh Smith from the BICTSF web site.

Basically put your cartridges in the bin, FITASC sporting will have target types back on the menu and don't be late for Compak layout!

All Disciplines:

It is now a requirement that when bins or receptacles are provided at the shooting positions, spent cartridges must be deposited in those receptacles by the competitor; failure to observe this requirement, a competitor will in the first instance be given a warning supported by a Yellow card, further violations will be penalised with a Red card and loss of target(s) as detailed in the individual discipline rules books.

FITASC Sporting:

Including the above (Rule 8.6), the target type will return to the menu card after an absence of 5 years i.e. 90mm 70mm Rabbit etc, there will be no need to write ‘Standard’ on the card as it is assumed that where the ‘Special’ targets have been identified, the competitor will understand that any targets not identified will be standard targets (Rule 2.4).

The line fixed at 25cm that defines the gun hold or ready position has been amended to include that this line must be of a contrasting colour to the vest or shirt e.g. black on black is not acceptable (Rule 3.1)

A new inclusion to equipment that is not acceptable is included at chapter 7 the use of an artificial sighting aid is not acceptable along with the existing micro cameras (Rule 7.1).

Clearly the manufacturers’ sight beads or replacement sight beads are acceptable; this rule reflects the existing rule in Compak sporting.

Compak Sporting:

The complete rules book for Compak has been restructured along with some new additions as follows; like above the use of receptacles is mandated at chapter 18.2.

The target over flight area dimensions have been modified, the max width remains 40m with a new minimum width of 35m (Chapter 2).

The shooting position minimum spacing is now set at 2 – 5m between centres (Chapter 2).

The rule on how a referee deals with a competitor late on the stand has a significant change, it is no longer incumbent on the referee to call or search for an absent competitor.

If in a squad, a competitor is absent and the first competitor has called for their first target, the penalty is loss of 25 targets.

For Compak in line, if the late competitors name has been removed from the computer, then the competitor will not be allowed to join and will be penalised 25 targets (Chapter 9).

https://www.fitasc.com/uk/content/10

Regards

Leigh

Summary of rule changes from Hugh Smith from the BICTSF web site.

Basically put your cartridges in the bin, FITASC sporting will have target types back on the menu and don't be late for Compak layout!

All Disciplines:

It is now a requirement that when bins or receptacles are provided at the shooting positions, spent cartridges must be deposited in those receptacles by the competitor; failure to observe this requirement, a competitor will in the first instance be given a warning supported by a Yellow card, further violations will be penalised with a Red card and loss of target(s) as detailed in the individual discipline rules books.

FITASC Sporting:

Including the above (Rule 8.6), the target type will return to the menu card after an absence of 5 years i.e. 90mm 70mm Rabbit etc, there will be no need to write ‘Standard’ on the card as it is assumed that where the ‘Special’ targets have been identified, the competitor will understand that any targets not identified will be standard targets (Rule 2.4).

The line fixed at 25cm that defines the gun hold or ready position has been amended to include that this line must be of a contrasting colour to the vest or shirt e.g. black on black is not acceptable (Rule 3.1)

A new inclusion to equipment that is not acceptable is included at chapter 7 the use of an artificial sighting aid is not acceptable along with the existing micro cameras (Rule 7.1).

Clearly the manufacturers’ sight beads or replacement sight beads are acceptable; this rule reflects the existing rule in Compak sporting.

Compak Sporting:

The complete rules book for Compak has been restructured along with some new additions as follows; like above the use of receptacles is mandated at chapter 18.2.

The target over flight area dimensions have been modified, the max width remains 40m with a new minimum width of 35m (Chapter 2).

The shooting position minimum spacing is now set at 2 – 5m between centres (Chapter 2).

The rule on how a referee deals with a competitor late on the stand has a significant change, it is no longer incumbent on the referee to call or search for an absent competitor.

If in a squad, a competitor is absent and the first competitor has called for their first target, the penalty is loss of 25 targets.

For Compak in line, if the late competitors name has been removed from the computer, then the competitor will not be allowed to join and will be penalised 25 targets (Chapter 9).

https://www.fitasc.com/uk/content/10

Regards

Leigh
This isn't a complaint or moan but simply stating facts, I can think of several shoots where although bins are provided they appear to have precious little thought behind them. Steel bins thoughtfully placed directly in front of you where you have to be careful not to damage your barrels, they favour neither left nor left handed shooters and unlike plastic bins can't be casually encouraged to go one way or the other 😒  . 

Churchill's have a stand where you have to walk up a few steps (not the platform) where not only is the wooden butt far too high (unless you're 6'4") resulting in awkward loading and unloading 😏  the steel bin is buried in the ground on the left at my eye level ! Try as I might I missed the bin a couple of times despite straighting the birds themselves. 

Rule 8.6 states that users of semi automatic shotguns must pick up their spent cartridges and deposit them in aforementioned bin.

Somehow I don’t see that happening, especially when/if the stand is surrounded by brambles or overgrown folliage.

Do we, as referees penalise users of semi autos ??????

Discuss

Rule 8.6 states that users of semi automatic shotguns must pick up their spent cartridges and deposit them in aforementioned bin.

Somehow I don’t see that happening, especially when/if the stand is surrounded by brambles or overgrown folliage.

Discuss
If the shells can be retrieved they must be placed in the bin.

buy a magnetic stick if you must use a semi.

I have a large magnet attached to the end of the barrel on my auto, I pick up my empties hold the gun over the bin and fire it which knocks them off and into the bin. 

The rule doesn’t say “can” it says “must”

To me that makes it obligatory for auto users to retrieve their empties.

This isn't a complaint or moan but simply stating facts, I can think of several shoots where although bins are provided they appear to have precious little thought behind them. Steel bins thoughtfully placed directly in front of you where you have to be careful not to damage your barrels, they favour neither left nor left handed shooters and unlike plastic bins can't be casually encouraged to go one way or the other 😒  . 

Churchill's have a stand where you have to walk up a few steps (not the platform) where not only is the wooden butt far too high (unless you're 6'4") resulting in awkward loading and unloading 😏  the steel bin is buried in the ground on the left at my eye level ! Try as I might I missed the bin a couple of times despite straighting the birds themselves. 
Can't be having plastic bins Hammy,just think of our image in the media what will they say about our wanton use of such a damaging material...

Discuss
Another rule implemented by clowns with no real thought of to how it will work on the ground...but it will please the snowflakes.

Put your empties in bins provided ........... is it really that much of a big deal ! 

Put your empties in bins provided ........... is it really that much of a big deal ! 
No,we can't let common sense prevail...we see Fitasc shooters chucking there empties over there shoulder all the time!

We must have a rule about it which will be impossible to implement in many circumstances,we can then ignore it or change it when people have forgotten about it.

It is the Fitasc way!!

The referee is there and they can use their discretion for this rule, FITASC refs are competent people that know the rules and are not there to make life difficult for the shooter 

No referee is going to ask a shooter to start retrieving empty shells out of brambles or targets will be deducted...........it's not going to happen, let's be honest 

The rule has been bought in IMHO to stop the shooter who is having a bad day letting the empties go over there shoulder in frustration, or for those who cannot be bothered using the bins 

How many times do you get in a hoop or a cage and there are empties on the ground that you have to pick up because you want a clear area to stand in ?   

Last edited by a moderator:
The referee is there and they can use their discretion for this rule, FITASC refs are competent people that know the rules and are not there to make life difficult for the shooter 

No referee is going to ask a shooter to start retrieving empty shells out of brambles or targets will be deducted...........it's not going to happen, let's be honest 

The rule has been bought in IMHO to stop the shooter who is having a bad day letting the empties go over there shoulder in frustration, or for those who cannot be bothered using the bins 

How many times do you get in a hoop or a cage and there are empties on the ground that you have to pick because you want a clear area to stand in ?   
If the referee can use his discretion,could easily have been handled better under unsportsmanlike behavior so it is a pointless rule that leaves itself open to misinterpretation.

But hey somebody has made themselves feel important  :pleasantry:

If the referee can use his discretion,could easily have been handled better under unsportsmanlike behavior so it is a pointless rule that leaves itself open to misinterpretation.

But hey somebody has made themselves feel important  :pleasantry:
FITASC have made the rule , there the governing body , like it or not that's what they have decided ....................Personally i am not going to lose any sleep over it !

Really not that bothered about having to throw empties in the bins provided as i do anyway...........................correct 

Not arguing..............discussing 

It could be interesting at Churchill’s next year for the world fitasc, especially when the Americans are shooting, knowing how many of them use semi autos.

Think I'll go for being a referee. And then go all Sergent Major in the rules. Bet that would be popular. Would very fast be deemed an proper a r... But I would treat all equal. No leaway, rules are rules... I would have a fun day out, not sure about others though...  :devil: :devil:

That being said. Ridiculous when tossers (literally) can hit the bins/nets. 

Lars 

I don't see it as much of an issue. In my - albeit fairly limited - experience reffing Fitasc, most shooters seem quite willing to pick up their empties without being asked.

The new rule does seem a bit pernickety to us rebellious and libertarian minded Anglo-Saxons but then it's a French run discipline so what does anyone expect?

Anyone who has shot Fitasc Internationally would be catching their shells and binning them already!

Back