Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhilR

Beretta DT10 Query

Recommended Posts

jwpzx9r
27 minutes ago, PhilR said:

To all concerned I am not interested in the merits of a Perazzi, I've owned them since the late 80's. I've got a spare trigger set that has been used on countless occasions over the years by me and my wife when main springs have broken. I don't need lecturing by someone, who in relative terms, has owned one Perazzi for five minutes.

I'm interested in the pro's and con's of a DT10 that is all.  If you have nothing pertinent regarding this Beretta model please keep your opinions to yourself.

I am sorry I have upset you in some way? Anyway unless you are reading very selectively I have advised you on the merits of a Beretta DT10 as posted above and quoted below

"I am informing you contrary to what you have been told ... they do on occasion break springs AND they guy I know who broke one had several weeks to get his gun back from the smith. As to the spring change you know Perazzi's and you no BS when you read it... yes lucky he carried two spares and lucky the were both for the correct barrel......."

what does that mean?.. well unless there is an onsite smith or you carry your own workshop with you you might need a spare trigger unit because if a  DT10 spring does break, and although I have only been shooting five minutes I have seen it happen, it is not an easy and quick repair. Have a nice evening now I am sorry to derailed your thread and upset you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ips
27 minutes ago, PhilR said:

Thank you Ian. Unfortunately standard factory trap stock dimensions don't suit my physiology. My stock drop dimensions are 37/47 !

Bloody ell phil how low are your cheek bones 😁 34 - 44 is the lowest a DT10 will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Charliedog

is it just these premium guns you need to carry a bag of spares around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilR
48 minutes ago, jwpzx9r said:

I am sorry I have upset you in some way? Anyway unless you are reading very selectively I have advised you on the merits of a Beretta DT10 as posted above and quoted below

"I am informing you contrary to what you have been told ... they do on occasion break springs AND they guy I know who broke one had several weeks to get his gun back from the smith. As to the spring change you know Perazzi's and you no BS when you read it... yes lucky he carried two spares and lucky the were both for the correct barrel......."

what does that mean?.. well unless there is an onsite smith or you carry your own workshop with you you might need a spare trigger unit because if a  DT10 spring does break, and although I have only been shooting five minutes I have seen it happen, it is not an easy and quick repair. Have a nice evening now I am sorry to derailed your thread and upset you.

The first sentence of my original post was this. "Can any past or present DT10 owners give me a heads up on any specific problems to look out for with them".

Quite simply if you don't match the above criteria jwpzx9r there's no need for you to comment or blather on about your Perazzi main springs or anecdotal tales of spring breakages in backwater France. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ips
4 minutes ago, PhilR said:

The first sentence of my original post was this. "Can any past or present DT10 owners give me a heads up on any specific problems to look out for with them".

Quite simply if you don't match the above criteria jwpzx9r there's no need for you to comment or blather on about your Perazzi main springs or anecdotal tales of spring breakages in backwater France. 

Ok.

The answer succinctly is.... Nothing.

Because there are no known faults other than ejector timing which is a Beretta thing across the range and an easy fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salopian

ips & PhilR,

I was unfortunate enough to own an early DT10 , the problems that I had were , Doubling , jumping open after first shot ( new locking bolt at less than 3 months old ) but the last straw was upon firing , barrels moved forward from breech block due to poor / lack of soldering to the barrels to monobloc , the same weekend mine happened a friend had an identical failure at another ground , both guns were hurredly recalled by GMK and replaced , mine was immediately sold (at a loss ) my friend also sold his and was not compensated for his custom fitted stock , so both of us had large financial losses , I then heard of many dissastisfied DT10 owners , but subsequently I do believe Beretta pulled their finger out and improved the quality and the model , enough for many DT11 owners to sell up and revert to DT10's .

With regard to Trap Guns there is only one really reliable brand !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schmokinn
13 hours ago, ips said:

 

PS

There is nothing quite like  B v P thread....apart from a poi or poa one 😄

Don.t forget chokes...we haven't had one for a couple of days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane
21 hours ago, chesterse said:

Only repeating what a gunsmith of 40 years experience and in particular on Perazzis told me!

I can only say that springs and doubling have as much relationship as sock color and score.

20 hours ago, Hamster said:

Could it be that since the other V spring (almost certainly will be) several years old then it's wise to make sure both springs have a similar "boing" value, makes sense to me as they advise the same when cars shock absorbers fail. 

Again - how could that in any conceivable way contribute to doubling?

 

FWIW a gentleman I shoot with has had a DT10 for some time now and has had not one bit of trouble with it.  And he shoots a LOT!  And it is a nice looking gun besides.  For a Beretta.

18 hours ago, PhilR said:

Quite simply if you don't match the above criteria jwpzx9r there's no need for you to comment or blather on about your Perazzi main springs or anecdotal tales of spring breakages in backwater France. 

How do you know what the water is like in France and what does that have to do with Perazzi springs anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul120

Why are you even asking?.. We know you won't keep it long enough to break even if it was made of tin and the springs of wood. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilR
1 hour ago, Paul120 said:

Why are you even asking?.. We know you won't keep it long enough to break even if it was made of tin and the springs of wood. 

 

Is that directed to me Paul?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul120
4 hours ago, PhilR said:

Is that directed to me Paul?

😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane

I can only ask - who would want to keep a Beretta for any length of time?   :hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sian
2 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I can only ask - who would want to keep a Beretta for any length of time?   :hmm:

Me.  I shot my first one for five years and I still have her.  My second one I shall be buried with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilR

Well I've had three days of shooting two DT10 guns one proofed in 2003, the other in 2007.

I have discovered that double discharging is still alive and well and happened with both of them. Plus in one, random ejector operation.  

Both will be returned to the RFD and my interest in a possible addition to my gun cabinet totally extinguished. I'm sure that there's a perfect example out there but not for me.

Thank you to all who provided useful information.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul120
21 minutes ago, PhilR said:

Well I've had three days of shooting two DT10 guns one proofed in 2003, the other in 2007.

I have discovered that double discharging is still alive and well and happened with both of them. Plus in one, random ejector operation.  

Both will be returned to the RFD and my interest in a possible addition to my gun cabinet totally extinguished. I'm sure that there's a perfect example out there but not for me.

Thank you to all who provided useful information.  

Drat..  I was hoping you needed to find room in the cabinet and move the one off perazzi on, possibly  in my direction. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilR
6 minutes ago, Paul120 said:

Drat..  I was hoping you needed to find room in the cabinet and move the one off perazzi on, possibly  in my direction. 

 

The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun and 30" MK38 G5 sporter.  Staying would be my 1970 Browning A1 skeet gun (fond memories of the start of my shooting career at Bedford GC, and nemesis of countless pheasants and pigeons since). My special Perazzi MX8 and my unmolested 1996 32" Beretta 682 Gold trap gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salopian

" The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun and 30"MK38 G5 sporter."

With comments like that may I suggest you change your name to 'Philistine'.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schmokinn

"The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun" sacrilege ...have you had a nasty turn,do we need to call a medic!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane
20 hours ago, Sian said:

Me.  I shot my first one for five years and I still have her.  My second one I shall be buried with.

OK - I'll cop to having a Beretta - but it's a 682 Sporting thing that I got for my wife in '92 when a mid-West dealer had them on special sale pricing.  Replaced a Browning.  Has 72cm barrels, mobile chokes (gun shows and ebay provided 2 of every size and a couple extended hahaha), and the rare factory ports.  She shot pigeons and OT with it before the MX8.  Actually a dandy little gun and I still use it for skeet now and then.

8 hours ago, Salopian said:

" The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun and 30"MK38 G5 sporter."

With comments like that may I suggest you change your name to 'Philistine'.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

 

It may well be that is already the case.  Your presumption is that it is not. :ok: Flipping the MK38's would likely not impose any hardship and the philistine-ing is mostly negated by the Perazzi retention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salopian

May I suggest you change your name to Wonko the Insane?🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul120

I totally understand Phil's reasoning.

The ones he wants to keep would be very hard to replace. The Perazzi impossible. 

MK38s, well they are like the proverbial. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wonko the Sane
22 hours ago, Salopian said:

May I suggest you change your name to Wonko the Insane?🤣🤣

Over the years that I've used that name many suggestions as to changing it have been made.  Mostly I'm sure by people who have no clue as to its origin.  Or their ignorance in many regards.  And over the years those comments that I've seen (like some of yours :poke:) have only convinced me of the appropriateness of the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ips
3 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Over the years that I've used that name many suggestions as to changing it have been made.  Mostly I'm sure by people who have no clue as to its origin.  Or their ignorance in many regards.  And over the years those comments that I've seen (like some of yours :poke:) have only convinced me of the appropriateness of the name.

I love your posts mr wonko as they keep me awake at night trying to work em out 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diver682
12 hours ago, ips said:

I love your posts mr wonko as they keep me awake at night trying to work em out 😄

He is trying to mimic the character..... Unfortunately it's very poorly executed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bebo
16 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Over the years that I've used that name many suggestions as to changing it have been made.  Mostly I'm sure by people who have no clue as to its origin.  Or their ignorance in many regards.  And over the years those comments that I've seen (like some of yours :poke:) have only convinced me of the appropriateness of the name.

Seen any green-winged angels on scooters lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×