Shwmae (hello) from me šŸ‘

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Griff

New Welsh member saying hello to all.

Been shooting a few months, majority of sporting clays, hoping to get my SGC this month and looking forward to the minefield of buying my first gun. I live in the Bridgend area and hoping to learn more about this sport and enjoy whatā€™s turning into a brilliant interest.

looking forward to getting to know you and the forum, and some good advice on which gun to start with and how to improve!

Best wishes.

john.

New Welsh member saying hello to all.

Been shooting a few months, majority of sporting clays, hoping to get my SGC this month and looking forward to the minefield of buying my first gun. I live in the Bridgend area and hoping to learn more about this sport and enjoy whatā€™s turning into a brilliant interest.

looking forward to getting to know you and the forum, and some good advice on which gun to start with and how to improve!

Best wishes.

john.
Hello and welcomeĀ  !Ā Ā 

If you think buying your first gun is a minefield, WAIT until you ask on hereĀ  !Ā  Ā  Ā  :fie:

Cheers No Bunny and westley!Ā 

As for a gun, Iā€™ll be bold and say Iā€™ve got my eye on a Miroku mk70, 30ā€ with beautiful wood (now thatā€™sĀ a combination of wordsĀ Iā€™d ever thought Iā€™d say šŸ˜‚). Iā€™ve heard theyā€™re excellent guns, reliable, long lasting and worth the money?? Any thoughts.........?? (Stands well back and waits to see what happensšŸ˜‚).

Cheers schmokinn.Ā 

Quick and obvious question, why the 38 and not the 70?

Ta, John
Cheaper in most cases and more choice being a more popular gun,could equally be a 3800 if you could find one.

Chances are that within a short period of time you will want to change/upgrade and you will likeley get what you paid for it,any Japanese made Miroku/Browning is a good shout as long as it fits......cue the Beretta crewĀ  :lol:

Cheaper in most cases and more choice being a more popular gun,could equally be a 3800 if you could find one.

Chances are that within a short period of time you will want to change/upgrade and you will likeley get what you paid for it,any Japanese made Miroku/Browning is a good shout as long as it fits......cue the Beretta crewĀ  :lol:
Thanks for the info. Iā€™ve used a mk70 which is for sale, itā€™s 2003 I think, coded as MX onĀ the serial number. It looks to be in very good condition, no obvious dents, dings, wood damage etc, comes with 5 chokes. Private sale the guy wonā€™t take less than Ā£1200. Very detailed wood, looks more patterned than other grade 1ā€™s Iā€™ve seen. Is that too much to pay? Instructor Iā€™ve been too says it fits me well (heā€™s not the seller BTW).

or I could go and buy a Yildiz or ATA for far less brand new? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Ā 

If this is anything like golf clubs all hell could break loose over whatā€™s best (even though the vast majority all use basically the same materials?).

cheers

john.

Thanks for the info. Iā€™ve used a mk70 which is for sale, itā€™s 2003 I think, coded as MX onĀ the serial number. It looks to be in very good condition, no obvious dents, dings, wood damage etc, comes with 5 chokes. Private sale the guy wonā€™t take less than Ā£1200. Very detailed wood, looks more patterned than other grade 1ā€™s Iā€™ve seen. Is that too much to pay? Instructor Iā€™ve been too says it fits me well (heā€™s not the seller BTW).

or I could go and buy a Yildiz or ATA for far less brand new? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Ā 

If this is anything like golf clubs all hell could break loose over whatā€™s best (even though the vast majority all use basically the same materials?).

cheers

john.
To rich on guntrader from 750 and i don't know how far these are from youĀ https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/miroku/over-under/12-gauge/mk-70-grade-1-170802151616012Ā but that is a new one for Ā£1275 being as most will be the standard fit i would be going with that if its what you want

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, cheers for that. Itā€™s about an hour and a halfĀ drive away. šŸ‘. Well worth looking at them for new. Thanks again, canā€™t fault you sir.
I would make sure you ring first as sometimes places don't clear their adds,there are others around the 1300 mark and cash is still usually king so always try to haggle a bit.

It may not get you a discount off the price but we all need gunslips,shells etc

I think realistically you don't want to pay more than a grand for a mint GR1 maybe you can use this as leverage for the other one...not our fault if he paid over the odds and as a rule you lose the vat 20% the moment you walk out the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back