Starter Clay Gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazz

I realise that I have already jumped in with both feet, and to be honest I am quite comfortable with my decision, but there is as always that little niggle in the back of my head brought about by a total lack of knowledge.  I have only just started in the sport and have had 4 lessons so far.  The instructors gun is a 30" and as I am only short 5' 5" I found it a bit of a stretch and quite cumbersome.  I have just bought my starter gun today, a Miroku 7000 28" multi choke and I have to be honest, it appears to be in great condition,  feels so comfortable and fits me like a glove.  I have not shot it yet so my assessment is solely based on fitment and comfort but with no other knowledge I was just looking for others thoughts.  Thank you in advance.  Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding guns and excellent build quality, you won't lose much on it when you trade it in down the line. Very good guns for the money and will give years of service. You may want to look at an after market butt pad if it still has the black smooth one, they aren't very forgiving. A very good choice indeed, enjoy.

Excellent choice my first clay gun 28"barrels multi 7000 sp1 should never have sold it very good gun enjoy!

Thank you for your comments, its reassuring to know that others have used this gun and rate them highly.  I realise that a £700 investment into a starter gun may not be a great sum to many shooters, but it is a fair chunk of wonga to me, so again thank you, much appreciated.  Gary

I too have a Miroku but an MK38.  I’ve had it for soooo many years I can’t remember how much I paid for it but it wasn’t a fortune. It’s been completely reliable and has never broken down unlike my hubbies 2 Perazzi’s which have now been sold.   I’m only 4’11” but I’ve a 30” and it balances beautifully.  Just had it choked which has been a great advantage as I’m now shooting a bit of Skeet etc. I wouldn’t change it at all, love it.  Hubby has said he would buy me a Parcours if I want but I ❤️ my Miroku.  

You won’t go far wrong with what you’ve brought.  All you need now is to practice with it, get the feel of it and enjoy your shooting and know that when you miss it’s not the guns fault!  Enjoy.

Maybe next time we are at the same shoot I can have a shot with it pretty please?  
You are more than welcome to give it a try.  Maybe West Kent or Willow Farm sometime?  13 3/4" stock, so hopefully it'll fit reasonably well.

Back