Absolute Novice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazz

Hi folks.  Just by way of an introduction I have decided to give clay shooting a go and I am a little way down the training route.  I decided to give it a go as a friend introduced me to it and I can still remember the invigorated feeling I had when I stepped out of the stand with a huge smile from ear to ear, mind you that was several years ago.  I am a fairly mature shooter (58) and late to the hobby but have decided to get involved at a very low level and just try to enjoy the odd Sunday Morning shoot with a cup of tea and sausage sandwich.  I have joined a club and am currently on  my 4th lesson.  I have enjoyed it so much I applied for my certificate 6 months ago and today I received it from the visiting FLO.  I have over the last couple of weeks been looking at different starter guns and reading all sorts of details and now my head hurts 😉.  Rightly or wrongly I had a set budget and settled on a gun that I am happy with and picked it up today so until my next lesson which is on the 14th of this month I cannot comment further on it.  I guess I will be spending a lot of time in the Beginners forum asking lots of questions and trying to soak up all the information from differing opinions.  Well I guess that covers it, so hi to you all and I look forward to learning lots.......

It’s never too late to start enjoying yourself 😀 I personally like the tea and sausage sandwich route too . In a few years when you pack work in you will find that you can plot up anywhere from Tuesday to Friday as well , and meet dozens of likeminded folk ambling about , potting a few clays, drinking  tea and generally having a nice time whilst the unlucky ones keep the wheels of the  economy  turning ! 

Hi and welcome, at 58 you are still a youngster. My shooting buddy recently bought a new gun, he is topside of 80  !  Oh and he is currently shooting very well with the gun  !

Hi and welcome, at 58 you are still a youngster. My shooting buddy recently bought a new gun, he is topside of 80  !  Oh and he is currently shooting very well with the gun  !
Your catching Ron up though westley 😄

Hi Gazz, I'm a more mature starter too! 64! it's never to late to try something new ., welcome I've only just found this forum too, looks good.
Ah, there you go you see.....................as you progress in the sport, you will come to get to know what 'New Gun Syndrome' is and how easy it is to be duped  !

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back