astigmatism

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

one for mr lyons    ,   I shoot with Contac lens   but have moderate astigmatism in both eyes  , I tried torric lens  not good for me  so my question  ,  how do I see reasonably well and shoot ok with no astigmatism correction ?    and would shooting glasses provide better vision  ?     my contac lens   +2.50  and +300 . 

Hello! Sorry for the late reply.

The problem with some toric lenses is that they rotate on the eye. The astigmatism needs correcting in a very specific position so when the lens moves it causes transient blurring.

However, there are many different designs and modes of stabilisation so we can usually find a lens that suits. Which did you try?

Another method I’ve used is to correct the spherical component of the prescription in contacts, then work the left over astigmatism into a shooting lens 🤓

so I suppose it would be better for me to shoot in single vision  shooting specs to achieve my best vision clarity ?      my torric lens I tried were  1- day acuvue moist    but they did not feel great and didn't feel stable on the eye !    thanks for the reply .

Yes that would be best for sharpness and stability of vision. Sauflon clariti one day torics are also good 🤓

I also have a very bad astigmatism. The one thing I can share is that you need to make sure your dominate eye or the 1 inline with barrel has better clearer vision than the non. I went through a very hard time where my non took over cause my dominant vision was really bad .I still wear them and now that I have found a brand that fits me right I am back in the game.

Good luck and don't be afraid to try some different brands

Latest posts

Back