Nad Al Sheba. Dubai

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know what happened to this event?  
Obviously it stopped. I think, not certain, that despite it being an amazing event in many ways, the targets were actually not good and the organisers didn’t appreciate the feed back.

I gather that the second one was run as an all sim pairs event and that on some days the wind was so bad it was impossible to get a second shot off.  Lots of grumbling online about.

I gather that the second one was run as an all sim pairs event and that on some days the wind was so bad it was impossible to get a second shot off.  Lots of grumbling online about.
A few of us went , on the feedback ,of the Fitasc comp the previous year , for me the targets were similar in rotation as Fitasc and or sportrap , NOT ALL SIMO, but some days and times it could be impossible to get two barrels at a single even , let alone simo's ,hospitality was very good ,food free at ground and very nice , getting to and from the ground however was not the best , buses picking you up from your hotel were ok , getting back was another matter all together , Targets could have been way better but thats personal choices , big money paid out , trucks and other big prizes gave away every evening ....would I go again ? cost me about £1,400 , doubt it ! but never say never , Taxi drivers over there have the same answer to every question ......yeees .

Dam shame it stopped as it was a great start to the season. 

I shot both and wish I could go back now to shoot the FITASC one as I knew nothing back then. 

We heard from some with close connections to the sponsors (the Royal family) that a combination of ill heath and a few too many complaints put paid to further funds being made available. 

Thanks for the replies.  It's  a shame it stopped. It was a good talking point and even though I didn't get chance go, it was good to follow and seemed to cause a buzz.  The sort of thing we need to get to the level of Golf & Tennis in the public consciousness.

Back