All round

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi, am I right in thinking the sporting element of an all round is sporting or does the ground have the option to set the sporting as a super sporting  rather than English sporting?

Look in the CPSA rules for Sportrap. Its under general rules. It certainly isn't super sporting or English sporting, its sportrap.

Five traps on each of four layouts with each trap clearly lettered from left to right. Menu in front of each shooter.  Single full use, report pair, sim pair. Five shooters in the line, number one starts the round with a single, then number two shoots a single etc. etc. Working out which way to shoot the sim pairs is the secret to this discipline, the rest is straightforward enough.

The correct sequence of events is often forgotten but each squad must start on layout one and shoot through to layout four. Its frustrating to wait around when there are layouts free at the beginning of the day but it moves through very quickly and its the fairest way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look in the CPSA rules for Sportrap. Its under general rules. It certainly isn't super sporting or English sporting, its sportrap.

Five traps on each of four layouts with each trap clearly lettered from left to right. Menu in front of each shooter.  Single full use, report pair, sim pair. Five shooters in the line, number one starts the round with a single, then number two shoots a single etc. etc. Working out which way to shoot the sim pairs is the secret to this discipline, the rest is straightforward enough.

The correct sequence of events is often forgotten but each squad must start on layout one and shoot through to layout four. Its frustrating to wait around when there are layouts free at the beginning of the day but it moves through very quickly and its the fairest way to do it.
I don't think that was the question! 

The best I can see on the CPSA site is here https://www.cpsa.co.uk/disciplines/all-round/17 which states 

All Round is a mixture of disciplines combined in one overall round. All registered All Round competitions must consist of 100 targets and be shot in sequence as follows: 25 Single Barrel DTL, 25 ABT, 25 English Skeet and 25 English Sporting. All four disciplines must be shot in accordance with their own technical rules and regulations. There must be a maximum of give(sic) shooters in a squad and each shooter must start in the same position for each round.
As to the progress of Sporttrap shoots. Compact and other multistand type events have now been defined with an 'in line shooting' format where a shooter steps onto stand 1 and moves right when they have finished a cycle. The next shooter steps into stand 1 and moves right when they've finished as shooter 1 moves from stand 2 to stand 3. This way the layout can be shot continuously, shooters never have to rotate from stand 5 back to stand 1 and the concept of 'squads' is done away with. Makes it all go faster. In the morning there would be 3 empty layouts for a while until shooter 1 finished but then the rest of the day will progress continuously! Effectively it becomes a 20 stand setup with a caterpillar line starting on layout 1, stand 1 and progressing to Layout 4, stand 5. You are given a queue number and an approximate time to start and Bobs your auntie.

Bloomin Eck  !             by the time I had worked that lot out, Bob probably WOULD be my Auntie  ?

You're quite right - I'm breaking these glasses in for our dog 'cos he can't see either. Apologies, I'll crawl back in my hole.

Latest posts

Back