Tom b

Mk38 fixed choke Sporter

Tom b

So today is my birthday and I decided I wanted to treat myself, after uming and ahing about either an mk38 Sporter or trap I found this on Guntrader.

Greenfields in Salisbury order them in this configuration from Miroku and I couldn’t be happier, it a mk38 grade5 fixed choke Sporter with solid but pad and bevertail forend. And they now ship with a hard case 😍.

Its not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve never been a lover of multi choke, The only problem is I’m off on holiday on Saturday so I’m not getting to shoot it for at least a week!

11E420DB-6BD4-4EF8-878A-8C0C7052E611.jpeg

815566ED-56B0-4B57-882B-C6E6C5788E0A.jpeg

FC7754DF-22C5-4A9C-A0D4-637FD342B87F.jpeg

F126B5B3-51E7-4735-A914-B2ED318ABCF9.jpeg

Edited by Tom b
  • Like 2

Doctor Lecter
26 minutes ago, Tom b said:

So today is my birthday and I decided I wanted to treat myself, after uming and ahing about either an mk38 Sporter or trap I found this on Guntrader.

Greenfields in Salisbury order them in this configuration from Miroku and I couldn’t be happier, it a mk38 grade5 fixed choke Sporter with solid but pad and bevertail forend. And they now ship with a hard case 😍.

Its not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve never been a lover of multi choke, The only problem is I’m off on holiday on Saturday so I’m not getting to shoot it for at least a week!

11E420DB-6BD4-4EF8-878A-8C0C7052E611.jpeg

815566ED-56B0-4B57-882B-C6E6C5788E0A.jpeg

FC7754DF-22C5-4A9C-A0D4-637FD342B87F.jpeg

F126B5B3-51E7-4735-A914-B2ED318ABCF9.jpeg

top draw mate     miroku cant be beat for value !

westley

Very nice too.  Now then, about that crappy trigger, the soft firing pins, rust problems, Oh,  AND do not forget the cracked stock syndrome   !    :rolleyes:  

Tom b
12 minutes ago, westley said:

Very nice too.  Now then, about that crappy trigger, the soft firing pins, rust problems, Oh,  AND do not forget the cracked stock syndrome   !    :rolleyes:  

Yeah cheers for that 🤨

Davy_B

are mirokus finally coming with a case? about time . fantastic gun 

Tom b
5 hours ago, Davy_B said:

are mirokus finally coming with a case? about time . fantastic gun 

They are! Greenfields said it’s the first one They have had in. Not sure if it’s just the grade 5 though.

shootinguru

Miroku are still the best value for money gun around! It will last a lifetime if looked after!

• Like 2

woody

You just bought the F16 as well.  which one is going to be your go to gun?

schmokinn
3 minutes ago, woody said:

F16 novelty value vs Mk38 piece of history that they will likely still be making long after the blaser has gone.

Miroku wins :pleasantry:

• Like 2

El Spavo

Seems daft that Brownings are pretty much the same, built in the same factory, yet they've had cases for however long.

schmokinn
1 minute ago, Mirakuru said:

Seems daft that Brownings are pretty much the same, built in the same factory, yet they've had cases for however long.

price difference

MartynB

A  lovely  looking piece of kit .  If you don’t mind me asking , how much did it cost ? and what choking is it supplied with ? 

Westward

Nice gun Tom, beautiful wood too and the case looks exactly like the better Negrini case that CGs used to use until they changed to a cheaper version.

Tom b
1 hour ago, woody said:

The f16 lasted less than a week, not for me at all.

28 minutes ago, MartynB said:

A  lovely  looking piece of kit .  If you don’t mind me asking , how much did it cost ? and what choking is it supplied with ? 

They are just under 3k I imagine if you haggled you’d get it for a bit less but I was trading in. Choking is at 3/4 and full but I will probably take it down the road to Teague and have them open it up to a pair of 5/8.

20 minutes ago, Westward said:

Nice gun Tom, beautiful wood too and the case looks exactly like the better Negrini case that CGs used to use until they changed to a cheaper version.

Your right it is a negrini case 👍

wylye

If you modify it from standard spec. be prepared for a shock when you decide to move it on.

• Like 1

Stigger

Looks a lovely gun, I take it that it is the trap version with the fixed chokes and Beaver tail forearm.

MartynB

The specific trap gun has a Pachmayer type ventilated  recoil pad . The lovely gun in the photo appears to be trap gun spec  but with a sporting butt . IMHO Tom b has got one hell of a bit of kit there . 

Tom b
1 hour ago, MartynB said:

The specific trap gun has a Pachmayer type ventilated  recoil pad . The lovely gun in the photo appears to be trap gun spec  but with a sporting butt . IMHO Tom b has got one hell of a bit of kit there . 

Martyn I couldn’t be happier with it, also it doesn’t have the normal rubber butt pad they put on the Sporter but the hard plastic pad which for me is a big bonus as it doesn’t drag on mount.

• Like 1

westley
On 9/13/2018 at 9:14 PM, Tom b said:

Yeah cheers for that 🤨

Hey, I have one too !      THAT,  is just the 'bullmanure' that Italian or German gun owners bandy about  !

• Like 1

Tom b
10 minutes ago, westley said:

Hey, I have one too !      THAT,  is just the 'bullmanure' that Italian or German gun owners bandy about  !

Sorry 👍

• Thanks 1

Madmillie

Maybe Mirokus aren’t that good after all, this ones up for sale on Guntrader after only a Month?.

☹️☹️MM

Geordieboy
On 9/13/2018 at 9:01 PM, westley said:

I know an awesome gunsmith that made my triggers simply awesome.  Get your pins made and they'll last too.

I've never had a cracked stock, and its never rusted.......or fallen apart like new Berettas and corroded like new Brownings.

Don't listen to him.  They are Japanese Brownings.  They have the best steel in the world (I'm and engineer and worked in japan for 7 years), and know the value of statistical process and so quality is spot on.  

Try shooting a Holland and Holland at game for a season but keep an Mk38 in the boot as back up....you'll need it!

Loads of big comps won by Mirokus.  A AAA class shooting friend of mine put 250k shells through his with little maintenance other than cleaning and he's won loads of stuff.  They shoot Browning Pro-Traps now, but are waiting for Miroku to do their own (its on its way) and they will change. 

Cracking gun.  Shoot it and enjoy it.  It'll outlast a lot of the other stuff out there I can tell you!!!

• Like 1

Bruce

Very nice guns and about time browning sorted out these hard cases for uk 

schmokinn
On 11/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, Bruce said:

Very nice guns and about time browning sorted out these hard cases for uk 

Buy a generic plastic case add Miroku sticker...job done.