Mk38 fixed choke Sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

So today is my birthday and I decided I wanted to treat myself, after uming and ahing about either an mk38 Sporter or trap I found this on Guntrader.

Greenfields in Salisbury order them in this configuration from Miroku and I couldn’t be happier, it a mk38 grade5 fixed choke Sporter with solid but pad and bevertail forend. And they now ship with a hard case 😍.

Its not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve never been a lover of multi choke, The only problem is I’m off on holiday on Saturday so I’m not getting to shoot it for at least a week!

11E420DB-6BD4-4EF8-878A-8C0C7052E611.jpeg

815566ED-56B0-4B57-882B-C6E6C5788E0A.jpeg

FC7754DF-22C5-4A9C-A0D4-637FD342B87F.jpeg

F126B5B3-51E7-4735-A914-B2ED318ABCF9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So today is my birthday and I decided I wanted to treat myself, after uming and ahing about either an mk38 Sporter or trap I found this on Guntrader.

Greenfields in Salisbury order them in this configuration from Miroku and I couldn’t be happier, it a mk38 grade5 fixed choke Sporter with solid but pad and bevertail forend. And they now ship with a hard case 😍.

Its not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve never been a lover of multi choke, The only problem is I’m off on holiday on Saturday so I’m not getting to shoot it for at least a week!

View attachment 7272

View attachment 7273

View attachment 7274

View attachment 7275
top draw mate     miroku cant be beat for value !

Very nice too.  Now then, about that crappy trigger, the soft firing pins, rust problems, Oh,  AND do not forget the cracked stock syndrome   !     :rolleyes:  

Miroku are still the best value for money gun around! It will last a lifetime if looked after!

You just bought the F16 as well.  which one is going to be your go to gun?
The f16 lasted less than a week, not for me at all.

A  lovely  looking piece of kit .  If you don’t mind me asking , how much did it cost ? and what choking is it supplied with ? 
They are just under 3k I imagine if you haggled you’d get it for a bit less but I was trading in. Choking is at 3/4 and full but I will probably take it down the road to Teague and have them open it up to a pair of 5/8.

Nice gun Tom, beautiful wood too and the case looks exactly like the better Negrini case that CGs used to use until they changed to a cheaper version.
Your right it is a negrini case 👍

If you modify it from standard spec. be prepared for a shock when you decide to move it on.

Looks a lovely gun, I take it that it is the trap version with the fixed chokes and Beaver tail forearm.

The specific trap gun has a Pachmayer type ventilated  recoil pad . The lovely gun in the photo appears to be trap gun spec  but with a sporting butt . IMHO Tom b has got one hell of a bit of kit there . 

The specific trap gun has a Pachmayer type ventilated  recoil pad . The lovely gun in the photo appears to be trap gun spec  but with a sporting butt . IMHO Tom b has got one hell of a bit of kit there . 
Martyn I couldn’t be happier with it, also it doesn’t have the normal rubber butt pad they put on the Sporter but the hard plastic pad which for me is a big bonus as it doesn’t drag on mount.

Back