PERAZZI MX 2000 S

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEABAG

Recently bought one of the above, but found the ejection is very poor. Looked at you tube, followed instructions, thoroughly cleaned, minimum lubrication, but still no improvement.

Probably need new springs, as possibly someone may have shortened the originals for less ejection.

Any spare springs for sale?

Thanks.

Shortening the springs is a common mod to improve ejector life.  I used to chop all the ejector springs in my Perazzis by six coils.  Did not impair the functioning at all   tho they only toss the empties about four feet instead of ten.  Last year I replaced all of the chopped springs with ones from J&P which are made to much the same length as the chopped springs and function about the same.  

I use and recommend - first rate product

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php

FWIW I load the ejector springs with lithium grease before I install the things - so much that the initial working of the ejector mashes out the excess.  Filling that cavity does nothing to impede ejector functioning and provide a nice waterproof for a part not frequently disassembled.  AFA the ejectors proper are concerned they are regularly lubed with a teflon-loaded oil.  Again liberally and excess just wiped away.  Over the last 25yrs or so I've never experienced a single ejector problem of any kind - with any gun actually not just the Perazzis.

But, your guns of course so care for them as you best see fit

Last edited by a moderator:
Shortening the springs is a common mod to improve ejector life.  I used to chop all the ejector springs in my Perazzis by six coils.  Did not impair the functioning at all   tho they only toss the empties about four feet instead of ten.  Last year I replaced all of the chopped springs with ones from J&P which are made to much the same length as the chopped springs and function about the same.  

I use and recommend - first rate product

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php

FWIW I load the ejector springs with lithium grease before I install the things - so much that the initial working of the ejector mashes out the excess.  Filling that cavity does nothing to impede ejector functioning and provide a nice waterproof for a part not frequently disassembled.  AFA the ejectors proper are concerned they are regularly lubed with a teflon-loaded oil.  Again liberally and excess just wiped away.  Over the last 25yrs or so I've never experienced a single ejector problem of any kind - with any gun actually not just the Perazzis.

But, your guns of course so care for them as you best see fit
37.00 Dollars to ship 2 9.00 dollar springs 😲

37.00 Dollars to ship 2 9.00 dollar springs 😲
I thought that when I bought a generic set of Browning/  Miroku  hammer and top lever springs and  firing pins from them .

However the quality of the  springs is outstanding ,  they arrived under 14 days , and didn’t get walloped by customs . I’d certainly pay the freight again . 

The ejectors stick on one of my Mx12’s - had a cartridge stick in a barrel on my last game shoot despite complying with all the recommended cleaning and lubrication edicts below

I thought that when I bought a generic set of Browning/  Miroku  hammer and top lever springs and  firing pins from them .

However the quality of the  springs is outstanding ,  they arrived under 14 days , and didn’t get walloped by customs . I’d certainly pay the freight again . 
Then you must be mad!

Then the issue likely is the cartridge. Some brands worse than others, whereby they swell when fired and grip the chamber.  
That was the reason for my question. If the snap caps eject then its not the ejectors. Not saying you do it but some people cant the gun on its side trying to hit the bin with the cases as they eject. Obviously the ejectors can't work properly. As WH says - its likely to be the cartridges you are using.

My MX8 is 20 years old and had many thousands of cartridges through it. My cartridge of choice is Fiocchi, predominantly FBlacks and I've never had an ejector problem. However, I've been trying out some other makes and have found Cheddite Mach 3, Bornaghi T4 Extrema and Baschieri & Pellagri F2 Flash sometimes won't eject. I replaced the ejector springs as they were a couple of mm shorter than new ones. The ejection problem continued even after a serious scrubbing of the chambers with a Payne Galway brush too. I can only conclude that these cartridges aren't compatible with my particular gun and will continue with the FBlacks. 

Yes am using  Fiocchi TT1 for skeet, hardly ever eject cleanly.

Will try another brand.

That was the reason for my question. If the snap caps eject then its not the ejectors. Not saying you do it but some people cant the gun on its side trying to hit the bin with the cases as they eject. Obviously the ejectors can't work properly. As WH says - its likely to be the cartridges you are using.
It has not been my experience that ejector functioning is gravity related.  I checked this last weekend and confirmed that with two of my guns.  I suspect that they are representative.

Back