What happens to the European Firearms Pass if there is no Brexit deal...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets all apply to EU countries to go shoot over there after Easter next year!

Flood their local authorities with applications and hopefully beat some sense into them!

Flood their local authorities with applications and hopefully beat some sense into them!
Well now you have to do what we need to do when we go to UK. For you the EFP is not enough... Noooo we need to have a visitors license also. 

Hard Brexit, you have to have same issues as we do now, and every time you try to "flood" countries abroad, you also to have to have an export/import license in the UK. So you'll actually flood your own authorities (and as I understand it, they are not quickest as it is now). 

And if you think a mainland firearms officer would give a toss about and English shooter coming to his country, to do some recreational shooting. He'd probably put it on the buttom of the pile, and do it when he gets around to it. 

But I hope it works out, ND I hope holders of a EFP can in the future skip the visitors firearms license. 

Lars 

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think it's the EU that need some sense beating in to them.  If I was in the EU's position I think I'd be saying, 'sod 'em, they got themselves into this mess, they can get themselves out of it.'

I don't think it's the EU that need some sense beating in to them.  If I was in the EU's position I think I'd be saying, 'sod 'em, they got themselves into this mess, they can get themselves out of it.'
I quite agree but the attitude of some of the people at the top is pretty foul. To be expected I suppose, it's like a divorce and the 'innocent' partner is using every foul tactic in the book right now.

Only a politician would try to convince the electorate that some 40 years of EU membership could be undone in 3 years. 

Those of us who work across international markets as part of the day job will know that there is considerable legal and commercial alignment with the other EU member states that will probably take just as long to disassemble as it did to create and that assumes that there is the will to do it (akin to commercial suicide). 

I believe that the UK shooters would be treated like any other non EU person, let’s not forget that there are other countries that don’t belong to the EU. I know a few shooters from the USA that have taken part in competitions in France and Italy and don’t recall them moaning about any problems with getting their guns in or out of Europe 

Too many project doom stories around for my liking

just like any other topic to do with brexit the antis scaremonger alarmingly because it will hit them financially .all that free money they get from the eu will disappear and the poor people like me will  laugh and just get on with it because we never got anything good out of the eu we all expected a better richer life and we got shafted no wonder we voted leave

Thanks Matt. I hope a deal is made in time. Those of us that travel to abroad  to shoot know how convienient the current EU pass system is.  Was looking forward to next years trips. Hope it doesn't become a total PITA if it ends in a a no deal. 

How many years do you think the Euro firearms pass has been in existence?  About half the time we have b3n in the EU?

Previously to the EFP we had to obtain a printed invitation to the shoot from some countries but not all! Our shotgun license was fine

In most countries with the invitation!  I have never had a problem travelling abroad before the E.F.Pass!

How many years do you think the Euro firearms pass has been in existence?  About half the time we have b3n in the EU?

Previously to the EFP we had to obtain a printed invitation to the shoot from some countries but not all! Our shotgun license was fine

In most countries with the invitation!  I have never had a problem travelling abroad before the E.F.Pass!
That would have been in a very different time from the present sensitive times of terrorism and the like. 

The past is no guarantee  represetation of how things may play out in the future. 

Whilst I don't wish to get political, this is just another example of the unseen consequences of leaving the EU. It’s not until rights are taken away that the impact is felt. The loss of the EFP will be a big problem for me and many of my fellow competitors that travel overseas for events fairly regularly. 

Mind you, i’m not completely convinced we'll even leave the EU so let's wait and see what happens.

Sleazy jet is busy getting all of its pilots to transfer their licences to EASA ones based in Austria. Because ( as we all know ) bureaucracy means that you cant fly an aircraft without the right piece of paper. ( and das ist verbotten to hold a UK AND and Easa ticket at the same time because we are currently an EASA controlled state )

Pilots medicals issued in the UK will no longer be valid in the EU so there is a bun fight going on around all of that too.

It is what used to be called a clusterf**k

More scaremongering on here now!  The Europeans firearms pass only concerns EUROPE!  I've shot Zimbabwe, Moroocco, America and more that don't have EFP NEVER had a problem!

I don't think anyone is scaremongering as you put it. Mostly Just hoping it stays in place or something similar  us put in place.  The fact that companies are putting into place plans as supported by Nimbus. Unless you say it's been made up it suggest to me that the existance of the EU pass which makes travelling to the likes of Italy a slick process might be jepardised and something requiring more red tape than necessary is put in place. 

Not going to get drawn into a yah boo discussion  on the EU debate as people have strong views based on whatever suits them to believe.  

So you think to Italy is a slick process?  I spent 2 hours or more in a queue in Rome airport with a couple of dozen other Brits going in and a hell of a lot longer comming back on Monday morning!

Latest posts

Back