MK38 Fibre Wad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monstrum

Hi,

I'm new to shooting , been going with my dad for 12 months and recently bought my own Miroku MK38. 

Most of the local clubs allow plastic wad's but I'd like to try the Manchester shooting ground (Worsley) and they only allow fibre.

I currently shoot FBlack sporting,  with 1/4 and 1/4 choke, but can any one recommend a good fibre wad cartridge for a MK38, as the backbored barrels and fibre wad discussions are really confusing!

Thanks

Steve

Honestly you will have zero problems . Forget all the mumbo jumbo and just shoot  . I’m currently using Eley Blues , 28gm in both fibre and plastic . Fibre  pose no problems whatsoever in both my Mk 38 trap , or My K80 ( which is a few thou bigger in the bore  )  .  Earlier in the week I had a bag of plastic and a pocket of fibre . With the Miroku (  5/8 choke ) and fibre I was mullering a looper on the lake at Kelbrook , breaking it over the 60 yard marker when I did my bit .  I’ll be using the Blue Fibre this weekend at a fundraiser shoot for the Airedale Beagles .  The Eley First Select are a few quid cheaper and a bit “softer”  in both plastic and fibre , but  the fibre version  of that will  also still do anything you need your Miroku to do at Worsley.   

Good thing about the Eley  cartridges is they are readily available at a decent price 

Fiocchi TT1 are very reasonably priced, sub-£200 per 1000, which is possibly why quite a few blokes in my shooting section at work use them, and they hit in the high 70's+ with them, if that's any help, but all I heard when asking the same question was what the others have replied in that they'll all be fine, it's just personal choice. 😊

Last edited by a moderator:
i tend to use mostly plastic but on simulated game days have used a few thousand eley first select fibres in my browning and have been very impressed at all ranges

Should be getting the  TT1 In the low £180's now. Which is way cheaper than the eley blues I saw on the weekend. 

Jasper 

Just for reference , I pay £192 cash for First Select Fibre and £205 cash for Olympic Blue Fibre , the Blues are a nice cartridge more punch than the Select  , I tend to stick to  using whatever Kelbrook stock, (which is Eley or Express ) , as parking 3 feet from their cartridge store is a doddle and I can mix and match wad types on the rate.  . I must admit though I went to York Guns the other week after a family trip to the “ Designer Outlet “ a few miles down the road . Nice people,  great shop good location with parking  and an astonishing list of cartridges at decent prices . I got a slab of Black Gold 30gm #6 Fibre game for my first foray into driven pheasant 😃.  

As  my post above I tend to buy the Eley at Kelbrook Lodge , there the  1000 prices are pretty competitive , but those 1000 prices are cash or debit card . I don’t think I could save much more anywhere in W.Yorks or Lancs without the Diesel eroding any benefit . As it’s one of the 4 or  5 shooting places I frequent midweek it’s convenient . 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back