Blaser F3 feedback ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squimp

Yesterday I tried a Blaser F3 at the Coley open day. I’d never shot a B gun before.

The Blaser guys were fantastic and combined parts of two different demo guns to fit me. I ended up with 32” flat rib sporting barrels and a vantage stock.

The  gun shot really well and I hardly missed a clay. The balance was good and felt recoil seemed low - a big deal for me. It seemed an ‘easy’ gun to shoot.

the Blaser guys mentioned that F3’s can be temperamental with cartridges and there are a couple of similar comments on Blaser threads on here. Has anybody tried an F3 with heavy game loads/high brass cartridges as any gun I have would be required to do double duty for game and clays ?

Any other other information on potential F3 ownership (good bad or indifferent) gratefully received !

Very pleased with mine in all respects. Put 25,000 shells through it now. Had a slight sticky ejection issue but they sorted it FOC.

Not alot wrong with them now , had mine 6 years now just had first service with Ian Mulliner , so did prob 100,000 incl some bigger loads at game and Pigeon , came back like new , keep ejector area well oiled and clean ,they do get notchy ...like any mechanical item , they need cleaning every time after shooting , bores spotless , never had any rust problems , handle well , little recoil, only thing's I've ,altered is heel plate ( for a Beretta gel pad ) and ground off  barrel bead housing and fitted a very small pyramid style one .....every manufacturer has that friday gun , so there will be others who may tell you different , but for me , does what it says on the tin .... 

Love my F3.never had any problems with mine,only thing I’ve changed is pad to lengthen stock.shoot everything with half and half extended Briley chokes,they seem to give great kills and imo no need to go any tighter than that.👍

I've not had a cartridge give me any problem in my F3 or had any problem with the ejectors and I don't clean after every shoot. Only thing I've changed is the pitch. Don't even look at other guns now, I don't have a reason to even think of changing.

Thanks chaps - sounds very promising.

The demo gun was sporting half/half extended chokes and they did appear to pattern noticeably tight.

I will certainly put an Isis pad on any gun that I purchase.

I’m also interested in David’s comment about pitch - something that may contribute to the transfer of recoil onto my sensitive shoulder !

If mine was stolen or lost I would be round to Mulliner's the next day to order exactly the same again.

It is a 32" Competition Sport, and I really wouldn't want to change anything about it. The perceived recoil is very slight.

Now that hurts, Schmokinn.

It hurts mostly 'coz you're  dead right, of course. The episode to which you refer was dire, wasn't it.

Heroic sporting injury before we started, if you remember.

Then fatigue brought on by scoring all day, leading to my utterly failing to recognise that my eye dominance had switched over to the left eye. Once I had realised what was going on all was well but the damage had been done.

Stand 4 was the one I was reffing - and I have to say there were only a handful of people straighting it, but simply loads blanking it.

bought one after a month of use  a mark on blacking ( loss of colour not much but plain to see ) back to dealer he sent it back to blaser . blaser will reblack it great news well impressed  . the bad news still not got gun back as blaser putting a new type of coating on gun and are not quite ready on production line . i rang blaser uk and yes new type of coating a satin diamond coating if i remember ,

thats six weeks no gun dealer offered a loan gun but got other shotguns . so its a waiting game  not to worried tho .

You're not the first person I know of that has had issues with with finish on the barrels. Know of it on two F16's and an F3.

Back