English Open - Oakedge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MITCHF

If you’re attending this event be aware that there are fallings clays hitting cars in the car park.

Cars have been parked in the marked car park and have been damage.

”Steve” the organiser is not interested in responsibility and is stating “owners risk” and “wind” (no wind here today).

The event could cost you a lot more than you planned , as it will myself, due to poor planning on behalf of the organiser. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask for there insurance details, I'm sure they must still be a liable under some duty of care thing. Even though there may be signs that you park at your own risk.

Found this on a legal site. Seems to suggest that the sign protects them from any liability for damage outside of their control, however falling clays that could have been prevented and were caused by the course setter is perhaps another matter.

Car park owners invite you to use their facility at your own risk. If you use the facility, with that knowledge, then it could be argued that a contract exists between you and car park owner. This does not absolve the owners completely from all responsibility, if for instance your car was damaged by an action they could reasonably have foreseen or prevented. Tort law allows you to pursue any person or entity that has damaged your property. i.e. a car and seek redress through a civil action.

Hope this helps

Make sure you use the right wording though, for any legal challenge you maybe contemplating, English open or British open. Two completely different things/places. Could get thrown out on a technicality. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that.

It was falling clays from the trap.

It could have been avoided.

Even after the course setter was made aware, no remedial action taken.  Cars still allowed to park there.

I’m aware it was the British, typo,  just a little annoyed when making the initial post. 

Back