Sign in to follow this  
tiptop

Greenwood gunsmiths

westley
45 minutes ago, chesterse said:

Highly delighted with the work Tim and Laura have done for me. Thoroughly recommended.

And THAT is what matters  !

Sorry Salopian.........................I've only just stopped laughing and wiping the tears from my eyes   !  I just had this mental picture of you and a "FULL MONTE"    😂

Hamster
2 hours ago, Salopian said:

tiptop,

Exactly we pay our money and take our choice, I cannot completely agree with some observations on this thread , why are the majority of guns stocked as they are in gunshops? Do the manufacturers have no idea after after nigh on 300 years of shotgun evolution?

Maybe , just maybe Tim is catering for the majorities inability to consistantly mount the gun correctly?😃

Convention coupled to the fact that people keep buying them because they have no choice, imagine if you offered 2 options, do you honestly think people will just keep buying the low combs ? 

My observation is based on facts, I don't often (if ever) recall people saying they had a new stock made because they wanted one that was lower, also don't recall too many wanting an adjustable one in order to lower it (although I admit this does happen occasionally). 

Doctor Lecter
5 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Convention coupled to the fact that people keep buying them because they have no choice, imagine if you offered 2 options, do you honestly think people will just keep buying the low combs ? 

My observation is based on facts, I don't often (if ever) recall people saying they had a new stock made because they wanted one that was lower, also don't recall too many wanting an adjustable one in order to lower it (although I admit this does happen occasionally). 

totally agree ,  one other personal point  I hate to see a adj comb with a massive gap to correct comb height , to me it ruins aesthetics  ,   unless it puts my scores in the 90s    :cool:

• Like 2

westley
1 hour ago, Hamster said:

Happened with me though. Although the comb is adjustable, it is on it's lowest setting (flat). The gun had an adjustable comb when I bought it,  it just had the best  'balance' of all of the guns that I tried, including the F16. I suggest that the balance was due to all of the 'ironwork' that comes with an adjustable comb. Now if I can just get the palm swell reduced to accommodate my Elton John fingers  !

All I would add regarding Monte Carlo stocks, is that I once had a Miroku 3800 with one. Whoever picked up that gun, could shoot well with it, due, I believe, to the parallel comb. It was the same height wherever you put your cheek.

Edited by westley