Come back Sporter Mk38 or f3

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

Hi guys, I know these questions have been asked a thousand times over and I hate to be that guy but I’ve been away from sporting clays for a few years now (apart from the odd shoot) due to business and family commitments and I’m looking to get back into the sport. When I stopped shooting I sold my sporting gun (after going through almost everything on the market) and I’ve only kept my semi auto, I don’t really want to shoot my semi at registered shoots (Benelli Raffaello powerbore) so im in the market for a new gun, I’ve narrowed it down to either a new Mk38 g5 trap or a new f3. I know these guns are at quite different ends of the spectrum but they were what I felt the most comfortable and shot the best with. I don’t want to go down the second hand route as I never seem to keep anything second hand for long.

Now I would love to down the f3 route but buying a Mk38 would leave a fair chunk for cartridges and entry fees, so is the f3 really worth the extra or would the Miroku be the way to go?

Only my opinion of course, but get the one that feels right, fits best and puts a smile on your face....tick those boxes and generally you’ll shoot better with  it regardless of what you will or won’t ‘save’....if you get me.

Good luck with the process 👍

^^^ What he said ^^^ ....Love my girly F16 Intuition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m biased ,  I think an MK38 trap gun is still one of the best all round guns you can buy . My own gd 5 was purchased as a very lightly used 2 year old gun, for £2100. I’ve put about another £1000 into it for Teague Precision chokes , gunfitting  / stockwork , pad and  a J and P spring kit  including firing pins and top lever spring .  It’s taken me 40 years to decide it’s  the gun for me though?  having tried all sorts and having sold a similar gun 20 years ago . I do have other guns including a K80 , but everything about the MK38 suits me so I use it almost exclusively. 

I had an Mk38 when I started shooting and I have nothing but fond memories of it but I sold it to fund another purchase, I’ve had an old f3 with the grey action, Perazzi MX2000S, k80, Perazzi MX12, Caesar guerinis, berettas and a Blaser vantage. The vantage was probably my favorite and I sold it just as I was starting to shoot well and got into A class.

I don’t want to fall into the old trap of spending silly amounts of money on something I do in my spare time again but I also want to avoid buyers remorse as it always end up costing more in the long run.

Only you can choose, you'll get an opinion from each camp in favor of the gun they shoot.... I shoot an F3 Professional and have no reason to change it, in fact I don't even look at guns now. It was at the top end of my budget but don't regret buying it for one minute.

Unless you spend the difference straight away on cartridges or you'r really disciplined at saving your pocket money it will disappear on other things that catch your eye and before you know it, it's gone.... It would for me.....  

Hi guys, I know these questions have been asked a thousand times over and I hate to be that guy but I’ve been away from sporting clays for a few years now (apart from the odd shoot) due to business and family commitments and I’m looking to get back into the sport. When I stopped shooting I sold my sporting gun (after going through almost everything on the market) and I’ve only kept my semi auto, I don’t really want to shoot my semi at registered shoots (Benelli Raffaello powerbore) so im in the market for a new gun, I’ve narrowed it down to either a new Mk38 g5 trap or a new f3. I know these guns are at quite different ends of the spectrum but they were what I felt the most comfortable and shot the best with. I don’t want to go down the second hand route as I never seem to keep anything second hand for long.

Now I would love to down the f3 route but buying a Mk38 would leave a fair chunk for cartridges and entry fees, so is the f3 really worth the extra or would the Miroku be the way to go?
Tom,  you did shoot rather well with the last F3 you had,  

So not what I had intended to buy but I was having a mooch on fb yesterday morning when a chap posted this up. I know I said I didn’t want second hand but it couldn’t be any closer to new.

9 month old blaser f16 32” with supposedly grade 4 wood, cased with all the paperwork, stock key, choke key, grease and the 5 original flush chokes and 2 extra briley extendeds without a mark on it. All for £1800, the previous owner said it has shot less than 500 cartridges and by the looks of the gun I could well believe it.

DCA5680F-2785-4C50-BEE5-C33490112AF7.jpeg

79D8B593-A9E9-400F-8394-FB74200CDC0C.jpeg

E9B23A3C-6FA7-426D-99DB-FCB4A76772FE.jpeg

9F72DA1A-08E2-4C09-9666-D68AF7564880.jpeg

8AD8AA81-E0C0-4D76-9F13-184045CA588F.jpeg

23025D55-F664-4429-8B13-7FCCCA8FA19D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back