What did you do today that’s shooting related?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayzeable

I thought it would be good to start a thread to list what you did today (or recently)...?

List anything you’ve done, dreamt, or purchased that’s shooting related (...or maybe not), that you feel anyone may appreciate. Anything really, new equipment, guns, slips, clothing, oils/grease, caps/hats, footwear, transport, storage.

From having your stock modified, trying out a new forend, to a delivery of fresh carts ...or just purchasing a fresh pair of socks...

Go...! 😀

Ordered new inserts for my Ranger glasses!  Last couple of months the distant clays are not as sharp and anything moving quickly is a blur.  Shot today, ended up taking shooting glasses off and putting my normal glasses on and hit them!!   I just don’t think they were made up to correct prescription for some reason.  Anyway, new ones on way, eye test in the week and hopefully I’ll be hitting a few more!!

Ordered new inserts for my Ranger glasses!  Last couple of months the distant clays are not as sharp and anything moving quickly is a blur.  Shot today, ended up taking shooting glasses off and putting my normal glasses on and hit them!!   I just don’t think they were made up to correct prescription for some reason.  Anyway, new ones on way, eye test in the week and hopefully I’ll be hitting a few more!!
I’ve had all sorts of prescription shooting eyewear over the last few years. I’ve never had as sharp a view as through various specsavers glasses I have!

Bought some Randolph falcon pro off fleabay. As new . Easily the equal of pilla for loads less. Had to get another set for the Mrs . Thanks to Ashley at Northampton guns for them. Rose gold don't you know. Very fetching. 

Jasper.

I’ve had all sorts of prescription shooting eyewear over the last few years. I’ve never had as sharp a view as through various specsavers glasses I have!
My new Randolph Ranger Edge arrived a couple of weeks ago after a visit to Ed Lyons.  I'm absolutely astounded at how sharp they make everything look.  Much, much better than the Ziess ones I had before with the added bonus that they don't keep sliding down my nose when I'm shooting down at a target!

I’ve always had an issue with the lack of natural light that manages to make it in my gun cabinet. I’ve been collecting parts for this mod for what feels like ages. The rubbish weather inspired me yesterday, and I managed to get things moving somewhat.

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

Add together, and it produced this sequence...

It’s not quite perfect, I’m still using an electric extension reel but when my sparky [emoji298]️ puts in the extra socket, I’ll be happy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I also made some raspberry gin for the winter shoots!!!
Sounds lovely, I hope it makes it to the shoot...

My gf made some sloe Gin in 2017 with the absolute intention of giving it away as gifts at Christmas, by placing it in those small miniature type/style bottles....

Its still in the cupboard...!

Mr Hoskins has ordered himself a Perazzi and will go out to Italy around March time and is trying to persuade me to go by saying I could have a stock made nearby apparently 😂.  
If the factory is where I think it is you should go and spend a few days at nearby Lake Garda. Beautiful part of the world. Make sure to visit Sirmione if you do.

If the factory is where I think it is you should go and spend a few days at nearby Lake Garda. Beautiful part of the world. Make sure to visit Sirmione if you do.
Yes I believe it is near Lake Garda. 

Sounds lovely, I hope it makes it to the shoot...

My gf made some sloe Gin in 2017 with the absolute intention of giving it away as gifts at Christmas, by placing it in those small miniature type/style bottles....

Its still in the cupboard...!
Yes, it is mainly for Xmas hampers I give out, also do sloe gin and I’m thinking of having a go at rhubarb gin too.  I’m assured it’s great!  Personally I don’t drink much at all but it’s lovely to get a glass now and again. 

14 hours ago, Jayzeable said:

I’ve always had an issue with the lack of natural light that manages to make it in my gun cabinet. I’ve been collecting parts for this mod for what feels like ages. The rubbish weather inspired me yesterday, and I managed to get things moving somewhat.

View attachment 7229

View attachment 7230

View attachment 7231

View attachment 7232

Add together, and it produced this sequence...

Looks smart!

I took a cheaper approach:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrathin-Rechargeable-Activated-Magnetic-Anywhere/dp/B01L97CEZG/

Latest posts

Back