'Loop' hearing system.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

A thread on another forum asking about speakers, for use by those who may be hard of hearing (or in my case DEAF) prompted me to make members aware. It is NOT widely known, but local Councils can fit something called a 'Loop System' in your home. This is fitted to your TV and allows hearing aid users to hear the TV direct through their hearing aid/s using 'position 3' on the aid switch. It consists of a small box which sits below the TV and has it's own Volume and Tone controls. It connects to the TV via the HDMI input. A loop of thin cable is fitted around the room (usually under the carpet edge) and back to the box. It also allows you to hear the TV with the sets volume OFF. It is usually fitted in conjunction with a fire alarm system that has a vibrating pad fitted under the pillow on your bed to awake you in the event of a fire. It is fitted and maintained free of charge. I found out about this system at my local C.A.B.  So for those who are, like me, DEAF, it is worth finding out about. 

Latest posts

Back