Piston superb

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barney

Hi people I have switched over to superbs in 7.5 and 8 I find them smooth I used to shoot pistons and love them too. My scores are similar with both but im not having much success with rabbits on the eley 8s as I did with the piston has anyone patterned these to me it looks tighter compared to a piston. Problem is I keep playing with cartridges and should stick to the same one. I shoot an invictus. Should I spend a day on a pattern plate and try loads of diff brands to settle it in my head😂😂.

Thanks all

IMG_20180817_070221.jpg

I have shot those in 8's for getting on to twenty years and they'll break side on rabbits at 50+ yards (with a bit of choke obviously), it is likely they pattern slightly tighter than Pistons but I wouldn't say they're a specially tight patterning shell, if you're not getting on well with them on rabbits then the problem is human error I'm afraid. What choke are you using through your Invictus and what distance are these problem rabbits ? 

1/4 choke on rabbits hamster and yes its human error just seemed like I had abit more room for error with a piston but probably didn't 🙂 thank you

To be honest there are no bad cartridges  any more, in such a crowded  market they would not survive.l now go for a shell around the £200 mark,currently l use Gamebore velocity plus.

I find a 6 or 6.5 shot shell with 1/4 choke will break rabbit clays very well out to 50 yards.but with 8s you need some choke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pistons will obviously throw a wider pattern, that’s the intention. I swapped from VIP trap 7.5 to superb 8 and can’t believe what/how well they kill through half choke, seriously impressed with them. Sad to say it sounds like user error in the rabbits I’m afraid. 

I won a couple boxes of the Superb's at the Open a couple months back. No complaints, they're a nice shell. 

F3 Piston's are about £15-20 a thousand cheaper, plus they're listed as a faster shell. I don't think you're getting much more performance from the Superb? 

No don't think so doug I do like the pistons. I used some old gamebore 24g supergems up on DTL the other day and also shot the superb 8s on dtl  tbh the kills didn't seem any better. I personally think for me anyway shooting carts 50 more a thousand does not do anything to my scores.👍

Latest posts

Back