Beretta 686 auto safety fitment

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

All of my game guns are auto safe but my Evo isn’t and having shot a fair few clays recently I don’t want to get into the habit of forgetting about the safety being flicked off.  Is it possible to make my 686 auto safe?  Any idea of where to buy kits and how much work this is? Presumably it’s a gunsmith job?

I would think you could get the linkage from gmk, should be easy for a smith

All of my game guns are auto safe but my Evo isn’t and having shot a fair few clays recently I don’t want to get into the habit of forgetting about the safety being flicked off.  Is it possible to make my 686 auto safe?  Any idea of where to buy kits and how much work this is? Presumably it’s a gunsmith job?
I have to ask WHY  ?  If you only use the gun for clays, leave it as is.  I have taught myself to NEVER touch the safe, when clay shooting. Likewise when I am game shooting, my side by side is auto safe and the Browning is manual safe. Regardless of manual or auto, when game shooting I am constantly pulling at the safety catch,  to ensure it is ON. It is only pushed off when the gun is being mounted.

Having said that, I was caught out 'good style' this morning. I had changed the trigger shape and position on my Browning 725 midweek, I had applied the safety in order to do this. First stand this morning, 'PULL'   bugger !     The safe was still ON.  The safe is NEVER on, even when the gun is stored.    :???:     

According to a smith on hear getting anything from GMK is a total joke!
I have had a few things over the years and never had any problems with them , although it was probably 10yrs ago the last time i had anything

I have had a few things over the years and never had any problems with them , although it was probably 10yrs ago the last time i had anything
Apparently now you must have an account and even if you had an account you must register a new one!

I have to ask WHY  ?  If you only use the gun for clays, leave it as is.  I have taught myself to NEVER touch the safe, when clay shooting. Likewise when I am game shooting, my side by side is auto safe and the Browning is manual safe. Regardless of manual or auto, when game shooting I am constantly pulling at the safety catch,  to ensure it is ON. It is only pushed off when the gun is being mounted.

Having said that, I was caught out 'good style' this morning. I had changed the trigger shape and position on my Browning 725 midweek, I had applied the safety in order to do this. First stand this morning, 'PULL'   bugger !     The safe was still ON.  The safe is NEVER on, even when the gun is stored.    :???:     
What I'm not understanding is if you have a habit of pushing off the safety why would that habit not continue with the clays?  Just push the button every time whether the safety is on or not.

What I'm not understanding is if you have a habit of pushing off the safety why would that habit not continue with the clays?  Just push the button every time whether the safety is on or not.
Because I am so accustomed to NOT having an auto safe on my clay guns, I get caught out occasionally,  and in my Competition days that would be a LOST target. It is only the same as a Trap shooter putting the cartridges in the 'right' way up etc., I feel certain that you will have a 'routine' that you adhere to when you are shooting, and if something was to break that routine, it could be enough to cause you to miss a target.  Until 1974, I had never even seen a clay target let alone shot at one, after all, why shoot something that you are unable to eat  ?  Then I started in a job that had a clay shooting team, I was persuaded to join and shot for 12 months with a side by side weighing a shade over 6 lbs., but with an auto safe.  Most comps were only 50 targets back then, BUT we were using 32 gram cartridges to shoot them.  I borrowed a semi auto and soon bought 2 of them, 1 trap and 1 skeet plus a spare 1/2 choke barrel. I never put the safe on with those guns.

I am accustomed to pushing safety off with game guns, however having shot quite a few clays recently I have got into the habit of needing to which isn’t great from next week onwards so I need to have to push safety off because my poor simple mind can’t cope otherwise.  Semi autos are different, they are the tools of the devil that I only use for Vermin shooting, however this year Pigeon shooting has been tough since Easter so I haven’t used them much...

Because I am so accustomed to NOT having an auto safe on my clay guns, I get caught out occasionally,  and in my Competition days that would be a LOST target. It is only the same as a Trap shooter putting the cartridges in the 'right' way up etc., I feel certain that you will have a 'routine' that you adhere to when you are shooting, and if something was to break that routine, it could be enough to cause you to miss a target.  Until 1974, I had never even seen a clay target let alone shot at one, after all, why shoot something that you are unable to eat  ?  Then I started in a job that had a clay shooting team, I was persuaded to join and shot for 12 months with a side by side weighing a shade over 6 lbs., but with an auto safe.  Most comps were only 50 targets back then, BUT we were using 32 gram cartridges to shoot them.  I borrowed a semi auto and soon bought 2 of them, 1 trap and 1 skeet plus a spare 1/2 choke barrel. I never put the safe on with those guns.
I'm sorry - - I intended that for PP as he seems to have noticed.  I really don't GAF about your problems.  If you want some sympathy you'll have to start another thread.   :console:

Latest posts

Back