Beretta 692 adjustable

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonky70

Hi everyone I’m sorry if this has been talked about before but would it be advisable to buy a 692 with or without an adjustable stock

Depends if the one without the adjustable stock fits you surely?

I'm curious to know what advantages adjustable stocks make (thinking comb, as opposed to length)?

Only advantage I see is if you shoot both Trap and Sporting you may want a higher comb on Trap.

I’m looking at buying one and I was asked do I want one with an adjustable stock or not so was just asking the question 

Personally I would go for it. If by chance the standard dimensions fit you then you can just leave the adjuster on the lowest level. If not, then you can adjust it to suit! 

I prefer fixed BUT that all depends on if you can find off the peg that fits. The problem is that guns do not fit the same in a shop so the danger is that you buy a fixed that fits only to discover a few weeks later that it actually doesnt fit when your actually shooting. On that basis i advise an adjustable but once adjusted to your liking then leave it alone. My other advice is to adjust the comb and LOP until it "feels comfortable" and then learn to shoot it. It is possible to get too tied up with "reccomended" height of comb such as the pound coin rule of thumb however such widely accepted rules of thumb do not always suit the individual. I believe comfort and ease of replicable gun mount is far more important than POI or POA 👍

I believe comfort and ease of replicable gun mount is far more important than POI or POA 👍
Being the perfectly lovely person that I strive to be and an admirer of the experience and wisdom that Ian possesses I am pained to modestly suggest that attention to the desired POI and POA are no less a factor of proper gun fit than happiness with the mount.  Granting of course that the individual's mount is the essential element around which all the other factors are determined.

Latest posts

Back