Stock shortening

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_c

Morning all,

Looking for recommendations for someone/somewhere to check the if I have correct of the LOP, and adjust the stock accordingly.

Likely to need the length reducing.

Preferably in the Bucks/Oxon area. 

Thank you, Nick.

Morning all,

Looking for recommendations for someone/somewhere to check the if I have correct of the LOP, and adjust the stock accordingly.

Likely to need the length reducing.

Preferably in the Bucks/Oxon area. 

Thank you, Nick.
Just get the buzz saw out! ;)

It would be worthwhile taking the time to drive to Nigel Teague Gunfitting Services over in Gloucestershire . ( not to be confused with Teague Chokes ) . You only need to make the trip once , the finished job  can come back by Parcelforce 👍

Stock length is not an exact measurement, it does involve personal preference above other measurements. Personally, I would get the nearest gunsmith you can find to remove a bit less length than you think.. then try it. £10 cash should do it after he buzzes a slice off. Craig Turner did exactly that for me on my wife’s. Or do it yourself if confident. 

Don’t worry that the but pad will fit badly for now, just stick it on with car number plate tape if needed. Shoot it for a bit, then decide if you need more off. Then you can buy a new recoil systems green pad (the best IMO) and get the correct length and pad profile sorted. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa there! Before you start chopping any length off the stock see whether a thinner butt pad might do the trick. If not then it’s worth getting a gun fitting to check the essential measurements.

MM

Back