Game Fair 2018 - Ragley Hall

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmicblue

Went today (barely 30 minutes from home), got on-site not long after 7am.  I thought it was a well organised event, a lot of not-country-pursuit related retail and the gun maker's row stuff seemed somehow smaller.    Pricing of food stuffs/drinks etc seemed more reasonable than previous years.

Watched GD do the 1st 4 stands of the competition layout, some testing targets for sure.

Compared with slithering around in liquid mud at last year's event at Hatfield House the dry conditions underfoot made for a more enjoyable show.

How funny, I went yesterday too....

Badly laid out, map was orientated the wrong way for a start, very poorly or not signposted, lots of stands offering the same old stuff as everyone else, shows were dull.

Food alley was great with lots of variety and mostly fairly priced but great quality, beer was good too ‘Cats Piss IPA’ was exceptionally good.

Interesting  how everyone has different views of the same thing.  To my mind last years show was streets ahead and the one before that better still..

Not been to  game fair since the last one at Blenheim Palace...but imagine it's still the same old, same old....usually are! :wink:

How funny, I went yesterday too....

Badly laid out, map was orientated the wrong way for a start, very poorly or not signposted, lots of stands offering the same old stuff as everyone else, shows were dull.

Food alley was great with lots of variety and mostly fairly priced but great quality, beer was good too ‘Cats Piss IPA’ was exceptionally good.

Interesting  how everyone has different views of the same thing.  To my mind last years show was streets ahead and the one before that better still..
Yeah,  it was badly laid out (is spite of the slick organisation on the day)  in fact Gunmakers row appeared to be L shaped and as you say the maps on the cuboid signs at major intersections (great idea though) were just plain wrong/confusing.

Latest posts

Back