Browning Inflex 2 pad fitting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they're interchangable but if I needed my Browning lengthened from the standard pad, is it quick to do? Can a shop do it in a reasonable time while you wait?
I am sure you could do the job yourself, just put a bit of liquid soap on the screwdriver before pushing it through the rubber to engage with the screw heads. It is a 'phillips head' screw.  I have taken the pad off my 725 a few times. I am having more problems getting the stock shortened. Cutting the wood is no problem, but,  apparently grinding the toe of the pad is.

I am sure you could do the job yourself, just put a bit of liquid soap on the screwdriver before pushing it through the rubber to engage with the screw heads. It is a 'phillips head' screw.  I have taken the pad off my 725 a few times. I am having more problems getting the stock shortened. Cutting the wood is no problem, but,  apparently grinding the toe of the pad is.
Once you shorten the stock the inflex 2 will obviously never fit again and I believe they are also hollow inside so they can't be ground to fit, so after market pad would be need to be ground down to size. Also worth noting if you shorten the stock your warranty for the whole gun is void if you have any remaining, Browning are very strict on any modifications at all.

Is the pad literally just screwed on then and that's it? So if I wanted to buy a Browning with it on but with a larger pad they could change it in minutes?? All the videos show it squashing and mivng the gun down with the internal flexing so surprised if it's just a few philips keeping it in there.

Is the pad literally just screwed on then and that's it? So if I wanted to buy a Browning with it on but with a larger pad they could change it in minutes?? All the videos show it squashing and mivng the gun down with the internal flexing so surprised if it's just a few philips keeping it in there.
Yep, quite literally a minutes job and just 2 Phillips screws that's all, nothing technical.

Once you shorten the stock the inflex 2 will obviously never fit again and I believe they are also hollow inside so they can't be ground to fit, so after market pad would be need to be ground down to size. Also worth noting if you shorten the stock your warranty for the whole gun is void if you have any remaining, Browning are very strict on any modifications at all.
I would bet they have lost quite a few sales over that too. I just got fed up with my upper arm being bruised by too long a stock, a problem that appears to be beyond Browning to solve  ! 

I would bet they have lost quite a few sales over that too. I just got fed up with my upper arm being bruised by too long a stock, a problem that appears to be beyond Browning to solve  ! 
The warranty issue is very annoying, no modifications at all and non transferable. The dt11 I bought the other week was 3 months old, emailed warranties at gmk, transferred in 6 hours with written confirmation and all the details and and thank you email from Jak Waktare for choosing a Beretta product, couldn't say fairer than that.

The inflex 2 pad is also falling short in my expectations, it's just too rounded, doesn't follow the lines of the gun like it should do, the pads from Beretta fit and look the part better, I suffer the other way from you though and need the longest pad.

I have to agree with you 100%. I have 2 Beretta auto's (both old) and have fitted a 'modern' Beretta pad to both, no problem. Apart from the stock length, the palm swell on the 725, is proving to be an issue too. I am thinking of chopping the thing in for a 'field' version. I have a 20 bore Heritage and I shoot that very well and that has a 1/2 pistol or PoW style grip, which I find far nicer. With the large grip on the 725, I always feel as though the gun is 'in charge' and not me  !

I have to agree with you 100%. I have 2 Beretta auto's (both old) and have fitted a 'modern' Beretta pad to both, no problem. Apart from the stock length, the palm swell on the 725, is proving to be an issue too. I am thinking of chopping the thing in for a 'field' version. I have a 20 bore Heritage and I shoot that very well and that has a 1/2 pistol or PoW style grip, which I find far nicer. With the large grip on the 725, I always feel as though the gun is 'in charge' and not me  !
For the money you will lose when you chop it in , you could probably get the stock modified to your LOP and to suit your grip . A trip up to   B. K . Webster in West Tanfield  to see what could be done wouldn’t go amiss . ( nice village to get some lunch as well 😁 ) .   With reference to the pad after shortening your stock ,  I know they are not flavour of the month anymore , but I still like Kickeeze pads . They don’t look out of place on a nice gun . I’ve had one fitted on my MK38 ( to lengthen it ) and recently had one that has seen  nearly 20 years service replaced on my K80 lightweight , Do that,  have the palm swell removed and perhaps the grip radius changed , job sorted . 

For the money you will lose when you chop it in , you could probably get the stock modified to your LOP and to suit your grip . A trip up to   B. K . Webster in West Tanfield  to see what could be done wouldn’t go amiss . ( nice village to get some lunch as well 😁 ) .   With reference to the pad after shortening your stock ,  I know they are not flavour of the month anymore , but I still like Kickeeze pads . They don’t look out of place on a nice gun . I’ve had one fitted on my MK38 ( to lengthen it ) and recently had one that has seen  nearly 20 years service replaced on my K80 lightweight , Do that,  have the palm swell removed and perhaps the grip radius changed , job sorted . 
I am seriously giving some thought to that course of action. I already have 2 Kick-eeze pads lying around with all of my gun stuff, but I would probably get the thinnest Isis pad. I have looked at the Browning pad and I can not see why the toe could not be ground down a bit. The rubber looks solid from the heel down to the screw and likewise from the toe up to the screw. The hollow sections appear to be 3 holes down the centre of the pad, between the 2 screws. I am waiting until I can get to the local clay ground where one of my shooting pals uses a 725 that has been shortened, but I do not know about the pad.  I was also hoping to try the 725 Hunter stock (without a palm swell) for 'feel' as there are one or two of those at the local ground too. Just going to look up West Tanfield now, thanks.

OK, found it. We are having a week in Hawes in August, I could well look up Mr. Webster and have a chat. Thank you again,  W.

Last edited by a moderator:
From another point of view though, as it now looks likely I'm getting something with an Inflex built on, as a tall lad of 6'3" it looks likely that to lengthen it by 1/2" it would cost be about a tenner to put the 12mm Inflex spacer in as opposed to a ton or so for having the stock ground down and a pad built on, so horses for courses I guess.

Not so worried about the looks, but totally agree with all about Browning's warranty stance on transferring. It sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back