Sign in to follow this  
Cosmicblue

Barbury Shooting Ground

Cosmicblue

Made the effort to get down to the Barbury shooting ground south of Swindon today, set high up on the chalk downs it is a beautiful spot.  Everything is neat and well organised, good car parking, paths between the stands, fencing and all well signed - top notch.  Went with a couple of mates, and received a warm and friendly welcome, the coffee is good and free with very reasonably priced tasty bacon (when was the last time you had a choice of smoked or unsmoked?) rolls on request.  

The ground's targets are especially notable with a good variety right up to and including some that are extremely challenging either by speed, angle, height and/or distance - genuinely satisfying to break.  There is thoughtful use of the terrain and a grouse butt too.   Open 7 days a week, we will be going back - soon!

Barbury Shooting Ground - web site link

• Like 1

jonnye

Called in at barbury last year on way back from southampton. Really impressed, very friendly, some excellent targets , especially the high tower , will go back some time , tho it a bit of a drive from the Lake District !!

schmokinn

Barbury Challenge this week.

Will Hewland
8 minutes ago, schmokinn said:

Barbury Challenge this week.

I went today. Started well, then it got pretty tough and I just wasn’t having a good day! Stuart Rudling leads on a 94 which I simply cannot see being beaten. 

Sian

I enjoyed Barbury challenge but missing three 2nd birds on stand 3 was unforgivable 😤.

Will Hewland
10 hours ago, Sian said:

I enjoyed Barbury challenge but missing three 2nd birds on stand 3 was unforgivable 😤.

97 is still a good score though

• Haha 3

Sian
6 hours ago, Will Hewland said:

97 is still a good score though

I am rolling my eyes at you William.

donna

We are shooting this on Sunday and am looking forward to it, Any idea if there are scores anywhere?