Beretta DT11L

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Well I have been a Browning shooter for most of my life, and I have finally stepped over to the dark side.

Had a very good opportunity to get into a DT11L which was just meant to be. It really is a lovely gun, superbly balanced and very pretty. Just taking a little adapting too at the minute as it shoots a little flatter than my old 725, but it handles very well and just seems to glide. Looking forward to getting to know her.

20180627_132603.jpg

20180712_204301.jpg

20180627_182847.jpg

20180627_182917.jpg

20180712_204334.jpg

Pretty much the best engineered gun out there. 
One of the reasons I went to one was the engineering and build quality behind them, when you close them they feel superb. On the flip side that's what I was most disappointed about with my 725, it was a grade 5 but I felt the engineering and quality just wasn't there and had a couple of little niggles I couldn't get my head round.

I have been most surprised by how the dt11 has handled, always been led to believe they were big and numb, but this is the complete opposite, it can be anything from 8 lb 1oz to 8lb 7oz with the b fast weights in and is very lively. It is balanced and moves excellently.

One of the reasons I went to one was the engineering and build quality behind them, when you close them they feel superb. On the flip side that's what I was most disappointed about with my 725, it was a grade 5 but I felt the engineering and quality just wasn't there and had a couple of little niggles I couldn't get my head round.

I have been most surprised by how the dt11 has handled, always been led to believe they were big and numb, but this is the complete opposite, it can be anything from 8 lb 1oz to 8lb 7oz with the b fast weights in and is very lively. It is balanced and moves excellently.
I've shot Beretta for 30 years and will happily shoot other guns if they suited me but if you put a Beretta DT10/11 action and barrel lumps next to a P or K or Zo or Mi or Br gun and stare at them for 5 minutes you will see they're right at the top of the apex. They also evidently don't suffer from too many breakdowns in any area.

Looks very nice, even if it is a Beretta! 😉😝
Tell me about it, I have always had miroku Brownings before now for 22 years, 7000, mk60, 525 x 2 and a 725. Always of the opinion that Beretta were clumsy and numb and slated them for 22 years. Then saw the advert said exquisitely balanced, and they weren't wrong, test drive it and struck a deal. Almost got expelled from the family for buying a Beretta .

Is this model in line with the other Berettas in the stock being a bit thin/dainty for the bigger, sausage fingered chap??
Don't think so, it's quite a substantial stock, nice and chunky without being clumsy and slight palm swell. Very nice decent radius on the grip as well. Been very pleased with it so far.

Good to know there are differences within companies. I'm a newbie at all this and was slightly put off by Beretta's slim jim stock compared to Browning/Miroku which is why I'm highly likely to go down that path for my first.

Back