The dreaded goth wedding effect!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

After many years of shooting fibre loads and listening to other people's opinions there seemed to be no consistency on the confetti issue. One make are fine for one gun but confetti in others. 

I rarely suffer from it and allways put that down to my tightly bored Perazzi but I've made a breakthrough! Living in a poorly heated house in the frozen north has its uses!

Whilst sorting my kit for a day away last week I left my cartridges on the tailgate of my pick up in the sun for a hour or so. Imagining they'd burn lovely and clean which they did but also produced clouds of debris on virtually every shot.  Same gun with Gamebore and Cheddite shells which I have never had an issue with before.

Once back home I took a handful out of our cool house and shot them off. Back to normal again.

A friend has terrible issues with confetti and has even bought cartridges out the same batch as mine to try and solve it. His house sits at 30 degrees all year (don't ask!) but problem solved!

Heat clearly has an effect on the adhesive. Keep them cool!

PM.

Makes sense, last two outing I've had I have noticed confetti fro the first time ever, hadn't thought about temp, i assumed it was a crappy batch..

Storage and humidity has a dramatic effect on any cartridges, it just shows up more with fibre wads. When winter  game shooting, I put most of my gear in the car the night before, leaving just lunch, gun AND cartridges to add the next morning. I discovered that years ago when most cartridges were paper cased and fibre or should I say FELT wads  !

Latest posts

Back