Ground closed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Powell

Staff member
As there’s nothing on their website and to save shooters a wasted journey, Beverley CTC has closed. There will be no further practice or competitions for the foreseeable future.

It’s hoped once the politics behind the closure are resolved it’ll be up and running once again but, for the  time being, none of the advertised fixtures will be taking place.

Wow.

Politics at Beverley..... Never 😁

Wonder what it is this time ?

Hope a sporting man steps forward to take it on, plenty of rumors in the region

Shame, it is a nice ground where I had shot quite a bit in the past. I hope it is sorted for the good of the sport.

In my experience of lease renewals,leaser sees you making money and decides you aren't giving him enough of it,leaser asks for more money,leasee says they have no more to give,leaser looks for another leasee for ages as the cost is now too much,leaser sits on it for a while and then ends up leasing it to someone else for about the original amount but the business hass lost momentum and no longer is viable.....everybody loses.

looks like a nice place lets hope that doesn't happen in this case.

It is a nice place, and much needed in the north, when you look at numbers for reg shoots i doubt its over money

Could be a option for someone who has run sporting grounds/shoots in the past !!...........just saying 

From the  facebook page.......................Hello all of our beautiful shooters and spectators.They will not renew the lease for
Beverley CTC Ltd. 
So it is with true sadness that we have to say goodbye for now.
Thank you for all your custom, your kindness, bad jokes, just everything.
It has been truly brilliant getting to know you.
Hope we see you all very soon.
Much love and fluffy unicorns and candy floss bunnies.
From Ian Patterson, Howard, Joe, Renney, Tony
Mary, Shaun, Sarah, Jo, Jo, Jake and Morgan.
x

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news, the ground has now reopened under new management with the same disciplines as previously.

I've heard they're open for practice rounds only at the moment until Christmas to allow repairs/ refurbishment to take place, then open for competitions in the new year year.

I've heard they're open for practice rounds only at the moment until Christmas to allow repairs/ refurbishment to take place, then open for competitions in the new year year.
Correct.

Latest posts

Back