Rod M

mk38 Alternatives

Barney

Had a mk38 for 9 months then bought a cg invictus 1 ex demo my scores have gone up try one deffo a chunkier gun opposed to the summit very forgiving to shoot gun patterns well everyone who shoulders it says it comes up very nice anglo italian after service is second to none underrated guns imo.

• Like 1

Rod M
14 hours ago, Barney said:

Had a mk38 for 9 months then bought a cg invictus 1 ex demo my scores have gone up try one deffo a chunkier gun opposed to the summit very forgiving to shoot gun patterns well everyone who shoulders it says it comes up very nice anglo italian after service is second to none underrated guns imo.

Am I right in that the CG Summit, Magnus, Maxum, Apex, and Forum are all mechanically identical (they are essentially grades of the Summit). The Invictus is a separate, heavier, gun, which also comes in several aesthetic grades (I, III, V, & VII)?

westley
20 hours ago, balltrap said:

If I won a zoli I would be a bit pissed off¬†ūüėÄ

If YOU won a Zoli, I would be astonished  !   :mosking:

• Haha 1

Davy_B
23 hours ago, dr. lecter said:

zoli  are a great gun    but not if your ejector snapped as mine has , 3 months on still trying to sort it ,  backup seems terrible  local gunsmith don't want to know  ,    one reason perhaps we don't see that many about ?

thats insane . ive never had any issues with mine so cant comment as to support but that seems to be more of an issue with your local dealer and gunsmith . one question how did the ejector snap cant figure out how thats even possible  ? 

Edited by Davy_B

Iggy

Very happy with my Invictus Supersport fixed choke sporter. As previously said it’s actually quite a chunky gun which I like....definitely feels beefier than my old MK38 to me anyway. 

You need to get to a decent ground where you can try a few different makes and models out, you‚Äôll probably know when you pick up ‚Äėthe one‚Äô.

• Like 1

Westward
18 hours ago, Rod M said:

Am I right in that the CG Summit, Magnus, Maxum, Apex, and Forum are all mechanically identical (they are essentially grades of the Summit). The Invictus is a separate, heavier, gun, which also comes in several aesthetic grades (I, III, V, & VII)?

Yes, under the skin the models from original range are all the same gun. The Invictus feels fractionally more meaty, but not necessarily heavier. A mate bought a 30" Supersport fixed choke after shooting with my Challenger and it was noticeably lighter, certainly too light for his taste and he only kept it for about a week. In reality the Invictus guns aren't much different from the originals; the hinging is new of course, the action is a couple of mm wider and the floor is replaceable but there's not much else. Of the ones I've picked up and tried I wouldn't say they're generally heavier.

• Thanks 2

GlawsterOldCodger

One bought, after a horrendous experiment with a DT10 a MK38 Trap that had been multi choked, one a £3k gun the MK £1k, I shot the 7.7lb MK far far better (if you get the drift) than I ever felt I did or indeed would the 8lb plus meatier DT10, although I now own and very happy at my lot shoot a 8.4lb P Ive kept the MK and always feel that should I ever take it from the cabinet Id shoot it just as well as I ever did. In short not all of us shoot a new / more expensive gun as well as we fell we should, me I took time to get used to new gun(s) but with the DT it was never going to happen

• Like 1

Blackstar Ninja

MK38 grade 5! Why the hesitation?

Finners

Another vote for CG here. I've owned and shot Beretta's (686/687) and Browning's (525 and XS) Now I'm a bit of a CG fanboy, I've owned 3, and sold 2. Lost about £400 on my Challenger from new after 3 years, and about the same on my Tempio over the same period. My current CG is a rather beautiful Maxum. It's 10 years old and still looks and feels very fresh, with zero defects. For me, the build, handling and feel of these guns beats everything in the same price bracket.  

The other main selling point is the simply superb after sales and back up from Anglo Italian. 

• Like 1

Bruce

If you shoot well with it does not matter what other gun you get just make sure the dimensions of the stock are the same as your mk38

chesterse
On 6/30/2018 at 11:42 PM, Blackstar Ninja said:

MK38 grade 5! Why the hesitation?

Agree but try and keep the grade 1 until you see how you get on with the grade 5, even the same model / spec can handle differently. Never sell a gun you can shoot with unless you have to!