World Festival of Shooting - Scores

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Pinnegar

Scores for the Sportrap make it seem like it is set on the  hard side!! 😲

200 ESP REG Day 3 of 6, 100 STR REG Day 4 of 4, 100 FSP REG Day 4 of 5, 100 ESP REG Prelim Day 4 of 6.....seems like they have gone forward in time,suppose it makes a change from them going backwards!!!  :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
The rabbit stand on Blue course, shot from a platform, full use of gun but they were hard to see apart from the one below your feet.

image.jpegt

Glad I'm spending my birthday at the AGL reg rather than having booked onto the Worlds. Sounds like it wouldn't have been an enjoyable day.

Happy Birthday Jenny, enjoy AGL. Unfortunately you will have missed a piece of shooting history that GD, EJC, CPSA and the UK should be immensely proud of. I'm still buzzing from my three days there.......... I shot some crackers and missed some sitters but for me as a very average shot, GD got it spot on. 

Bebo, it is tough!  You know it’s tough when even some AAA and AA and A class shooters are 10 targets down on their normal scores and for B and C class 15 and maybe 20 targets down?  It’s just that on the blue course the first 5 stands are fine, ok you might miss a couple but if you shoot them ones bad it’s even worse on the next 5 or do.  They were like eyesight tests, incomers from the top of the hill etc BUT you just couldn’t see the clays, don’t know if it was time of day and sun glistening on them I don’t know but we all had different coloured lenses on and all our squad struggled to see them.  There was 4 or 5 hard stands all in a row which was just demoralising and then you obviously carry that on with you.  Us mere mortals don’t shoot enough to be able to shrug things like that off I’m afraid.  

Red course was slightly easier, most I missed were lack of concentration or they were diving down behind a bush so you rushed the targets, or again, orange targets at an angle which were very hard to pick up.  I blanked stand 13 completely!  

Overall, I know it’s a world champs and it’s going to be hard but I think it’s a bit too hard, there was a lot of low scores from shooters I know that can shoot well and a fair few that didn’t bother coming back for the second day and a lot saying they just wouldn’t bother ever doing a big competition again.  Lots of gloomy faces coming back from layouts but they cheered up once they’d had an ice cream!

Happy Birthday Jenny, enjoy AGL. Unfortunately you will have missed a piece of shooting history that GD, EJC, CPSA and the UK should be immensely proud of. I'm still buzzing from my three days there.......... I shot some crackers and missed some sitters but for me as a very average shot, GD got it spot on. 
I just don't feel that I'm a good enough shot yet for major competitions.  Maybe next year, when I won't have to deal with the depression that comes with turning 50 as well.

But you’re programmed to be happy Andy. Lovely way to go through life. (Not sure what it would take to knock you back 😂)

Forgot to say Happy Birthday, have a lovely day and enjoy!  Phils birthday today too but after last couple of days not sure what we’re doing,  I’m off this week so I get to go shooting on a Saturday 😊 anyway, have a great day and I hope you get spoilt. 🍾💐🎂

Latest posts

Back