B725 Prosport trigger issues

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midlife

Diffficult to describe but will have a try. Occasionally I will go to shoot and the trigger will feel momentarily solid and then fire. This obviously has led to missed targets. I am wondering if I am keeping my finger too tight on the trigger between shots. The trigger is a semi mechanical trigger. The trigger is also adjustable. Any thoughts please. Also if it is a I suspect, my fault would you shorten or lengthen the reach. Thanks in advance

Rob

I have had this with the 725 and 525, when i have put the trigger on the front notch never had it since, always been caused by being too close to my hand for me. Need the pad of your finger on the trigger, not hooked in knuckle crease.

i have a similar issue with a 725 sporter, probably only about 1 in 100 shots but still frustrating, was going to take it to a gunsmith to see if anything can bde done as really like everything else about the gun

I have had this with the 725 and 525, when i have put the trigger on the front notch never had it since, always been caused by being too close to my hand for me. Need the pad of your finger on the trigger, not hooked in knuckle crease.
are you saying it was trouble on the front notch or better on the front notch please, just so i am clear?

I had a similar problem with a lovely 725 sporter, had it to gunsmith twice, had to get rid of it in the end, great shame finely engineered, but no good for me.

I think he meant move the trigger forward so that the pad of the finger operates the trigger .

Make sure that you programme your brain to release the trigger after the first shot .

Anxiety does cause lots of issues .

Chill out , it's only a hobby.

Hi all,

I had an issue with a new 725 pro sport where I was able to fire the first (lower) barrel but the trigger would be solid for the second barrel, the gun went back to Browning (eventually, but that's another story) they returned it after a week for the same fault to happen the next time I used it. After several journey's to the gun shop the problem was never resolved and eventually I was refunded. I purchased another one the same day and I've never had a problem since. I (and the the gun shop owner) questioned whether I was clearing the trigger after the first shot I even tried touching the trigger guard between pulls to ensure I wasn't hanging on but still the same issue, the gun shop tested the gun and confirmed it to be faulty. It began happening after I'd put about 150 cartridges through it. Apparently it was a "Friday" afternoon gun?! I have spoken to several other Pro Sport owners and this is the first time I've heard of a similar problem, I hope the trigger adjustment helps, please keep us updated.

i have a similar issue with a 725 sporter, probably only about 1 in 100 shots but still frustrating, was going to take it to a gunsmith to see if anything can bde done as really like everything else about the gun

are you saying it was trouble on the front notch or better on the front notch please, just so i am clear?
A lot better on the front notch.

Sorry for delay in coming back on this. Moved trigger forward and annoyingly same fault. It is probably 1 or 2 in 50 or more so probably really hard to recreate in a gunsmith. Will try it backwards as a last resort. 

Hi all,

I had an issue with a new 725 pro sport where I was able to fire the first (lower) barrel but the trigger would be solid for the second barrel, the gun went back to Browning (eventually, but that's another story) they returned it after a week for the same fault to happen the next time I used it. After several journey's to the gun shop the problem was never resolved and eventually I was refunded. I purchased another one the same day and I've never had a problem since. I (and the the gun shop owner) questioned whether I was clearing the trigger after the first shot I even tried touching the trigger guard between pulls to ensure I wasn't hanging on but still the same issue, the gun shop tested the gun and confirmed it to be faulty. It began happening after I'd put about 150 cartridges through it. Apparently it was a "Friday" afternoon gun?! I have spoken to several other Pro Sport owners and this is the first time I've heard of a similar problem, I hope the trigger adjustment helps, please keep us updated.
Had exactly the same problem with a Ultra XS, took it to a gunsmith said they had solved it couple of weeks later did it again , took it to another gunsmith they said they had solved it did it again ! Part exchanged it for a CG problem solved 

My husband has exactly the same problem with his 725.  I've offered to buy him a nice Blaser or Kreighoff to replace it, but he's having none of it.

Bebo,

Your husband would possibly love a nice Blaser or Krieghoff , but sadly they don't exist.😄

I think the real issue with Miroku and Browning triggers is that they are either not fettled correctly or never serviced (as in used guns).

A friend bought a new 725 that frankly didn't work , it was repaired by Browning UK and another of their recognised service providers , it still proved troublesome , so with Browning's approval I was allowed to repair it . Since repair , no issues . 

Browning Triggers are not Rocket Science , common sense and skill can still prevail.

Bebo,

Your husband would possibly love a nice Blaser or Krieghoff , but sadly they don't exist.😄

I think the real issue with Miroku and Browning triggers is that they are either not fettled correctly or never serviced (as in used guns).

A friend bought a new 725 that frankly didn't work , it was repaired by Browning UK and another of their recognised service providers , it still proved troublesome , so with Browning's approval I was allowed to repair it . Since repair , no issues . 

Browning Triggers are not Rocket Science , common sense and skill can still prevail.
His was new (well, ex-demo so not much use).  Browning triggers aren't rocket science, they're biology rather than physics i.e. a bit sh*te.

Whilst you may not favour germanic guns, the triggers on the aforementioned brands are infinitely better than those on Brownings.

The trigger on a Gat is probably better than the Browning, but I can not have a gun that handles like a plank, just to have a 'good' trigger. Probably one of the best guns that I have ever owned and shot (for it's designed purpose) was a Remington 1100 T Trap. I won quite a few comps with that gun. I remember a customer to the ground that I was running spending £12,000 plus on a certain German K gun, it went back after a week for a faulty trigger. Mr. Rhone sorted it after a couple of weeks, meanwhile the owner of the gun shot 2 x 100 straights with the old club gun, a well worn Miroku 3800. I never saw him shoot as well again, EVER, with his K gun. It went after 12 months (at a great drop in price), to be replaced with a Beretta. I once saw a week old K gun jamming after the first shot at a comp that I was Reffing. I gave the shooter his 'five' minutes to go and fix it, but he ended up with his mates Miroku, to complete the comp.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, I switched the trigger on my 725 to the broader version. My scores dropped, I have since gone back to the narrow trigger on the middle position.  

The trigger on a Gat is probably better than the Browning, but I can not have a gun that handles like a plank, just to have a 'good' trigger.
We'll have to agree to differ.  I really like the way the K80 Parcours handles (and I paid less than 9k new for mine).

We'll have to agree to differ.  I really like the way the K80 Parcours handles (and I paid less than 9k new for mine).
Each to their own, after all,  if we all shot Browning or Miroku, there would be no work for the few gunsmiths that remain  !    :angel:

Latest posts

Back