Sponsorship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

I'm curious what you all think of sponsorship regarding guns and cartridges and your purchase decisions?

I've shot for over 30 years and feel confident enough to see through hype etc and honestly feel what others use has very little influence on me.

On the contrary. I'd have said sponsored shooters have actually turned me away from buying certain brands due to the behaviour of their "brand ambassadors" at some of the shoots I've attended.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts?

PM.

There are few poor products out there, either guns or cartridges. It’s obvious that the top guys will win with whatever they shoot and many have demonstrated that with several brands already! So the sincerity for the brand is clearly dubious..

There is also nowadays another curious phenomenon, with less than top class shooters having some minor sponsorship with which they bombard Facebook with their “professional profile”. It’s all a bit much and a bit soppy I think.

I had a slightly different relationship with EJ Churchill, where I was an ambassador for them, not because I was a star, but having helped shape their competition shooting side it seemed right. But seeing as they now have this in full swing and because of all the other “awkward” minor sponsorship deals around, I have opted to be Mr. Independent again. So now when I tell you how good EJC is, you are guaranteed that it’s unbiased! 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
After my last couple of shoots I’m expecting a call from specsavers offering me the full package.🤓

After my last couple of shoots I’m expecting a call from specsavers offering me the full package.🤓
After today  I  think I could probably make a better case.  I out performed myself ( in the wrong way) in world class company. 

There are few poor products out there, either guns or cartridges. It’s obvious that the top guys will win with whatever they shoot and many have demonstrated that with several brands already! So the sincerity for the brand is clearly dubious..

There is also nowadays another curious phenomenon, with less than top class shooters having some minor sponsorship with which they bombard Facebook with their “professional profile”. It’s all a bit much and a bit soppy I think.

I had a slightly different relationship with EJ Churchill, where I was an ambassador for them, not because I was a star, but having helped shape their competition shooting side it seemed right. But seeing as they now have this in full swing and because of all the other “awkward” minor sponsorship deals around, I have opted to be Mr. Independent again. So now when I tell you how good EJC is, you are guaranteed that it’s unbiased! 😀
The people that get £5 off a thousand, then shoot 80/100 and say how hard hitting and smooth their shells are 🤔 

Your comments regarding less talented shooters being sponsored is certainly true. It appears that being good with self promotion and social media can cover for lack of talent. I'm aware of sponsored shooters who have never even won 100 reg. How does that work?! 

Its certainly satisfying when I beat someone wearing a skeet vest clad in logo's! Are these people actually sponsored or just fantasists? If Gamebore for instance send me a foc cap am I then entitled to tell people I'm part of "team Gamebore" and plaster myself over instagram etc..

I'd love to directly ask these people but it seems rude to ask!

PM.

I don't think it is actually sponsorship. I think it is brand awareness.

I may be having some caps and shirts printed to be given freely to wearers of a certain brand of overpriced eye wear , very exclusive,  branded, 'Pillock'🤣.

I may follow these with a gun brand  ' ****off' 

Been out with BT again,   I see  !     :mosking:
Well actually nearly.. Liptak. Fabbrizi, Kostelecki.  Glasnović & Serrano. 

at least I got a peep inside here. 

20180622_105018.jpg

Your comments regarding less talented shooters being sponsored is certainly true. It appears that being good with self promotion and social media can cover for lack of talent. I'm aware of sponsored shooters who have never even won 100 reg. How does that work?! 
The same way that some people can set up a business and draw in investors even though their base idea is flawed, gift of the gab, supreme networking, work the angles type people. Pretty much sums up the whole media landscape. 

So we're saying that top boys who win with anything and are unapproachable turns us off brands??

Maybe then the " never won a hundred reg" bridgade with a social media account and being nice , approachable people is actually a better way to reach the target audience.

Obviously some on here have never tried to win a hundred reg ,or else they would realise that it really takes a lot of talent to get anywhere near . The same level of talent is required to win a reg as it is to win the world champs. Well at esp it is ,where on any given day you will probably have to beat multiple world champions and half the England team. 

Let us know how the sour grapes taste.😀

Jasper.

One guy in particular I’m aware of, an ex carp fishing ‘star’ ( his words) turned game keeper promotes loads of free days on his shoot last minute to make up team and pigeon shooting etc, of course there is no such thing available but he does it to get social media ‘friends’ amd the shouts about how great he is... He is an ambassador for several well known brands who I guess have bought into his profile... lots of pictures costed for last years gane season complaining how hot it is today ....

It seems sponsors just want exposure, not credentials 

So we're saying that top boys who win with anything and are unapproachable turns us off brands??

Maybe then the " never won a hundred reg" bridgade with a social media account and being nice , approachable people is actually a better way to reach the target audience.

Obviously some on here have never tried to win a hundred reg ,or else they would realise that it really takes a lot of talent to get anywhere near . The same level of talent is required to win a reg as it is to win the world champs. Well at esp it is ,where on any given day you will probably have to beat multiple world champions and half the England team. 

Let us know how the sour grapes taste.😀

Jasper.
I don't see it as sour grapes at all. I've shot for too long to care what other people do and I won comps when I did compete.

It's more curiosity as to why people feel the need to massage their ego's by whoreing themselves out to any company that will have them.

If they spent more time on lessons and less on Instagram and facebook they might walk the walk rather than just talk.

PM.

So your not allowed to take a chance on anyone with potential??? Who then maybe strives to pay you back by promoting on social media. Many of these shooters may not have won yet but are merely upholding their side of any deal with their sponsor. ??? Bit old fashioned to think that someone may actually hold true to any arrangements they may have??. 

Which by the way are nobody else's business except the two parties involved. 

Jasper. 

I presume we are talking about the #this, #that, and #everything else brigade, does make me chuckle. 

Some are genuine sponsored shooters and are brand ambassadors. Some just get discounts for buying massive amounts of cartridges, goods or whatever, some just like to be associated with a name for a few freebies. Some I'm sure are just on the #bandwagon being hopeful, or just delusional. Whatever floats peoples boats really. 

#notwonf***allbutitlooksgood.

Latest posts

Back