Commission sales?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

Hi all,

Not sure if this should go in the classified area or here, so apologies if it’s in the wrong place. 

I’m looking for some advice on selling one of my guns....I’ve tried Guntrader and found it to be a waste of time so the only other option I can think of is leaving it with a dealer and letting them take a commission. 

Thing is I’ve got two guns, both Guerini Invictus....one a fixed choke Supersport that I’m settled with and want to keep and the other an Invictus Impact that I want to move on...there’s nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the other one.  

Does anyone know of any decent dealers in the midlands area (I’m in Staffs) that offer this service and if so what sort of commission they usually work on?

Also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks all in advance 

Ian. 

I'm currently selling a rifle via Guntrader and I must say I'm pretty disappointed. I know firearms are obviously a pretty small market in the UK, but an advert costing £15 quid for a month has generated less than 100 views in 10 days.  Pointless.

Iggy, try to sell it through a second hand car salesman, they are more honest.

Sadly Guerini's don't seem to have a good second hand market , your wasting time and fuel asking Premier, you could try Mickley Hall who have just taken on a dealership ?

Thinks Brierley guns do this. Rates unknown . Sorry. 

Jasper.

It may pay to take a trip North,  up the M6 to Lancaster,  Malmo Guns to be precise. They are CG agents and they have sold guns, on a commission basis for me,  in the past. They also sell Cheddite cartridges at a good price.  If you went on a Saturday morning, you could jump back on the M6 and continue to J36 and have a day out at Crabtree Farm shoot at Plumpton (fibre wads only) on the A65 (5 minutes from M6). 

And NO, I am not connected with them in any way, they are just very nice people to do business with, well worth a visit.

It may pay to take a trip North,  up the M6 to Lancaster,  Malmo Guns to be precise. They are CG agents and they have sold guns, on a commission basis for me,  in the past. They also sell Cheddite cartridges at a good price.  If you went on a Saturday morning, you could jump back on the M6 and continue to J36 and have a day out at Crabtree Farm shoot at Plumpton (fibre wads only) on the A65 (5 minutes from M6). 

And NO, I am not connected with them in any way, they are just very nice people to do business with, well worth a visit.
The shoot is at Lupton not Plumpton.

Hi all,

Not sure if this should go in the classified area or here, so apologies if it’s in the wrong place. 

I’m looking for some advice on selling one of my guns....I’ve tried Guntrader and found it to be a waste of time so the only other option I can think of is leaving it with a dealer and letting them take a commission. 

Thing is I’ve got two guns, both Guerini Invictus....one a fixed choke Supersport that I’m settled with and want to keep and the other an Invictus Impact that I want to move on...there’s nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the other one.  

Does anyone know of any decent dealers in the midlands area (I’m in Staffs) that offer this service and if so what sort of commission they usually work on?

Also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks all in advance 

Ian. 
South Midlands (Cotswolds) is Ian Coley, they do commission sales and are CG Dealer..

Take your own Vaseline though... 

Yes, I have heard of someone having it 'stuck up em' down there  !
All joking aside they could be a good shout, as they shaft everyone on price your percentage will be of a higher amount... assuming that they take a fair slice ( Good luck with that)

I've sold a few guns just by letting some people know I had a gun for sale.

I also know someone that sold his gun to a dealer and got paid in vouchers, which he used to buy cartridges and some other things he needed.

This option was beneficial for both, as the shooter got a decent price and the dealer had his margin on the goods bought with the vouchers.

Depends on how much you want to accept for the gun. I have sold guns through a dealer before, told them how much I wanted and they priced it up with their commission on top. Everyone is happy. CG's can be a bit difficult to shift on, even trying to PX them.

I have sold a couple through my local l dealer. I was charged 10% although the guns I sold were of a far higher value than the one you want to part with. On low value guns he charges 15%.the advantage with them is they can offer finance and in my ones case will consider part exchange. Also you don't have to put up with all the clowns you get with silly offers via guntrader and the like

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your help and advice guys, plenty to think about there. 

Im a bit puzzled as to why Guerini’s are tricky to shift, perhaps it’s not just them and most guns are when you try to actually do it. I really do like and enjoy shooting my Invictus, I just don’t need two so want to move one along. 

I may give Malmo a try....I’ve been meaning to pay them a visit for a while just to have a mooch as I hear good things about them. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I won’t bother with Ian Coley.....I had a very poor experience there a few years ago and wouldn’t waste another day of my life on the round trip to be honest.

I agree with the ‘word of mouth’ principle, perhaps I need to be more vocal. So if anyone knows of anyone looking for an Invictus Impact 32” do let me know!

Thanks all,

Thanks for all your help and advice guys, plenty to think about there. 

Im a bit puzzled as to why Guerini’s are tricky to shift, perhaps it’s not just them and most guns are when you try to actually do it. I really do like and enjoy shooting my Invictus, I just don’t need two so want to move one along. 

I may give Malmo a try....I’ve been meaning to pay them a visit for a while just to have a mooch as I hear good things about them. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I won’t bother with Ian Coley.....I had a very poor experience there a few years ago and wouldn’t waste another day of my life on the round trip to be honest.

I agree with the ‘word of mouth’ principle, perhaps I need to be more vocal. So if anyone knows of anyone looking for an Invictus Impact 32” do let me know!

Thanks all,
Have you any photos, and a price you would take.  Joe.

Few photos below for info....however I’m mindful this isn’t the ‘sales’ section so if you’re interested maybe we could pick this up via PM where I’d be happy to help. 

Thanks 

FFB75BEF-2584-43CA-9475-BFBA9F61DEB7.jpeg

1C2E385C-021C-4963-9EF6-7F1294AC07FC.jpeg

B9873A32-91A7-4154-9048-90ECD130BC5B.jpeg

Latest posts

Back