Alternative to Rio Target Load 28g Fibre

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod M

Hi All,

Fairly new to shooting (shooting sporting at present) and I've been happy using  fibre wad Rio Target Load in 24g. However, I can't easily purchase these locally, so am looking for an alternative. I've also gone though a couple of slabs of Fiocchi fBlacks sporting in 28g fibre and really like them, although I don't think I need to spend over £220 per 1000 given my level (I shoot around 70% on a good day - at AGL for those that know it).

I am therefore looking to find a decent, affordable, cartridge to replace the Rios. I need fibre wad for AGL (local ground) and want to go with 28g (i am not recoil sensitive).

Locally I can purchase Fiocchi, Eley, and Lyalvale (technically Gamebore too, but availability seems a bit sporadic). The obvious contender seems to be the TT1, but just wondering if there are any other candidates worth trying.

Gun is a Miroku mk38 sporter and I'm currently on Teague 1/4 and 1/2 chokes

Many thanks

Rod

Hi, 

I find Gamebore Velocity a good fibre 28g for sensible money. 
Hi Will, I would try the Velocity and/or the Evo, unfortunately, they just don't appear to be readily available in fibre round me at the moment...

When we have to shoot fibre we go for TT1 28grm 8's. Very good. Soft recoil. Pretty nice for a fibre load. 

Jasper.

Right, a couple of nods for the TT1, so will definitely pick up 1000 of those. I may grab a box or two of velocity too, I know Will likes them, but many others not so keen.

I appreciate I did say Gamebore availability was a bit dubious near me, but I'm travelling a bit further afield this weekend and if I really like the Velocity or Evo, I should be able to stock up

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine the EVO is pricey? About £220?

I haven’t tried the TT1 in fairness, so may well be the best option. I just like the Velocities because they are under £200 and the wads don’t usually turn to confetti.

I would imagine the EVO is pricey? About £220?

I haven’t tried the TT1 in fairness, so may well be the best option. I just like the Velocities because they are under £200 and the wads don’t usually turn to confetti.
I can't recall the Evo price, if it is £220 or thereabouts I'll give it a miss for now.

Having shot velocity and TT1 , I find the TT1 kinder to the shoulder and wallet. 👍

Out of interest, how do people judge the recoil on the 28g TT1s and Velocities compared to 28g fBlacks (all in fibre wad if you have shot them)? I find the recoil on the fBlacks to be acceptable, but wouldn't want much more...

Latest posts

Back