Widdington Shoot,

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

Can anyone tell me how long it’s taking to get around Widdington recently if I get there first card?  I want to do there and then get to Westfield - says journey is about 1 hr 20 mins. 

I went last month. They had removed the troublesome cherry picker stand in the top corner. It did take 2 of us 2.5 hours though, as the entry was big and we queued badly on three stands, not much else on that day. I would reckon quicker this coming Sunday as Westfield and Honesberie will draw many. 

If you get out before the start and begin on say stand 3 and come back and do1,2 you should get round fairly quickly,once it starts to get busy people start going to stand 12 and going round backwards as its opposite stand 1 and no queues.

Always leads to the almost legendary queues by the cherry picker.

Thanks for the responses.  May well go there as I haven't been for ages and I have done Honesberie a few times recently.  

Every one I've been to has had backups! The top corner always! Why the hell don't they think about the targets when they set it up?

Every one I've been to has had backups! The top corner always! Why the hell don't they think about the targets when they set it up?
Not the targets Cyril sh*t old many times repaired traps on the cherry picker 30% plus no birds.

I posted and messaged them about it after i last shot there but he denied it,said nobody has ever complained and told me they spent a lot of money on servicing.

All went quiet when i sent him several threads of respected shooters discussing the fact it had been the same for years.

They said i should speak to them rather than do it in public...what so they can ignore it? I asked who they were so i could in future......no answer.

Classic Bug Blatter Beast of Traal

Can anyone tell me how long it’s taking to get around Widdington recently if I get there first card?  I want to do there and then get to Westfield - says journey is about 1 hr 20 mins. 
you seem in a mighty rush !  dose it not detract from the enjoyment  and potential  good score  ?     one eye on time must effect your concentration ? :lol:  

Of the 2 or 3 times I've shot there it's been 2 hours plus so you really need to be there first thing because last entry time for Westfield is 2 p.m.

Of the 2 or 3 times I've shot there it's been 2 hours plus so you really need to be there first thing because last entry time for Westfield is 2 p.m.
Thanks for that and last card is 2.30 at Westfield, I asked Steve as it is wrong on Cpsa site.

you seem in a mighty rush !  dose it not detract from the enjoyment  and potential  good score  ?     one eye on time must effect your concentration ? :lol:  
No doubt it does mess my scores sometimes Dr Lecter but I just enjoy it and to be fair Tony really only gets to shoot Sunday so he likes to do two.  Good exercise as well, the only real exercise I get.

Back