24g

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been a big fan of 24grm shells for some time now, I don’t shoot registered shoots as I’m not a CPSA member but where I do shoot they put on equally testing targets at 50 yards edge on and 24grms is certainly up to the job. If the OT and UT shooters can cope with 24grm loads I don’t think sporting shooters will have any problems, just got to put it in the right place.

Jonz

Yes I would be happy if 24g was the limit. On most clays, 28g is an overkill. Even with a small disadvantage on long edgey stuff potentially, if it were the same for all, who cares? Recoil down, price down (in theory) and lead use down.

Virtually no serious competitor will use 24g while 28g is allowed though, as a 28g shell contains 4g of reassurance. So Dr. lecter, the answer to your question is, not many do, but this is for reasons of assurance rather than real advantage IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet some of the disciplines are 24grm only, just not ESP.
ESP and FSP are the only disciplines where you may find yourself trying to knock down a 70 or even 80 yard clay. Add to this the fact that you don’t know what the targets will be until you shoot, the “assurance” element is very strong when you’re choosing the cartridges. 

Latest posts

Back