Kent Elite?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Heaton

Hi all,

Tried Kent Elite Target Loads in 28/7.5 yesterday (£47 a slab at Park Lodge). 

Green casing, seems to do the job. 

The box says kentgamebore.com on it but I can’t find any info about them, all the searches point to US websites where the box looks the same apart from ‘Diamond Shot’ text. I can’t see Gamebore filling these cheapies with their posh diamond shot can you?

Are these a new product? Anyone else used them?

Which at £47 a slab is a bit steep if they're a budget load??

Which at £47 a slab is a bit steep if they're a budget load??
Really? At £47 they’re cheaper than Jockers round here!

And they also sell Velocity in the same spec at £49. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Err yep. So velocity @£196 a thou.😀. Your budget load, Kent elite at £188🤔.  Jockers no longer budget load , as discussed elsewhere. Reclaimed shot ran out you see. Seen superfast at £173 lately. Been getting fiocchi tt1 for £184 thou with shot size choice. and  Fblus at £190thou since Xmas.. Note:- the fblu is not really  a budget load , but real quality, you just get no shot size choice.same money as your budget. So Shop around I think. 👍

Hull have to realign the superfast as a budget load , like it used to be, which it looks like they're trying to do. Others will follow( gamebore et al ? ) 

Fiocchi held their prices lower and  have increased sales due to this?. And they are coming down in price every time I pick some up. 

Made the others think a bit ??

Shop around and you'll get fblacks at somewhere near the velocity price. 

Really...?

Jasper.

I've tried them here in the US.  Decided to shoot a warmup round of 5 stand at the last minute and needed an extra box so I picked one of those from the sales counter.  I forget what I paid but I think it was $6.50 (mid range for target loads in the States).  Didn't do any better than the Estate (aka Federal) Super Sportings that I normally shoot for $220 (166 pounds) per thou.

To be completely honest I am not a big believer in premium cartridges when it comes to cay shooting.  I've proven to myself that mid range ammo is better than I even when dealing with testing targets.  Saving money on ammo means I can shoot more, which I believe is more important to higher scores/skill.

Now rifles, that is a whole nother matter

Latest posts

Back