Shooting reg cpsa for wheelchair shooter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Nash

Can any of you tell me any grounds I could shoot Reg CPSA sporting from a wheelchair in any area, as being a CPSA  Reg Shooter, there are a lot of grounds now with Raised platforms with only steps to climb. Thanks Joe.

Don’t know which part of the country you are in but Orston Shooting Ground, Nottinghamshire is wheelchair friendly being flat and having good pathways.

But as you mention they do sometimes have shooting from a platform so if you were thinking of going you could give them a ring first.

Same comments could be said for Sporting Targets in Bedfordshire.

I don't want to shoot Disabled class, I want to shoot in my AA class, as coming up 70 in August and in a wheelchair, I will still give any shooter a run for their money. Don't tell me to join the Disabled shooters club as I have been there and got the shirt, and I cant stand 25 this and 25 that and go home, or only shoot through the year till it gets cold. 😞

Don’t know which part of the country you are in but Orston Shooting Ground, Nottinghamshire is wheelchair friendly being flat and having good pathways.

But as you mention they do sometimes have shooting from a platform so if you were thinking of going you could give them a ring first.

Same comments could be said for Sporting Targets in Bedfordshire.
That wooden one at sporting targets with a ply ramp is a danger to able body shooters if its wet. Ha Ha.

Truth is none are 100% accessible but orston is best bet and most grounds using a platform will let you shoot from underneath. 

Truth is none are 100% accessible but orston is best bet and most grounds using a platform will let you shoot from underneath. 
Hi Paul, I know what you are saying is correct, but you always seem to have someone complain, that it is easy to shoot it from down there, or you get a stand where you cant get in the front or the side because of bushes or on a slope. is that why you do more Trap now ??. I know about Orston as I have shot there with you, but I cant go there again. I did explain in my earlier post, but it seems Old Jan P. a moderator on here did not like my post and deleted it. Hope you are keeping ok. Joe.

Yes fine thanks Joe, yes sporting is just a test of physical endurance rather than a test of shooting ability so i do odd pool comps and sportrap when its flat but 9 times our of ten there will be issues with sporting stuff.

Yes fine thanks Joe, yes sporting is just a test of physical endurance rather than a test of shooting ability so i do odd pool comps and sportrap when its flat but 9 times our of ten there will be issues with sporting stuff.
I know Paul, but I Love Sporting. as a member of the CPSA and pay the same membership fee as a Vet member. I just want to shoot sporting, as you know when we used to shoot FITASC sporting until the French stopped us over health and safety. I just wonder if I was to book on one of the major CPSA sporting shoots that I might find issues with the stands as well. Any idea what it is like to shoot Southdown in a wheelchair.

No i haven't shot southdown but i will be doing the sportrap at churchills,and maybe british open at oak edge.

Eriswell (Suffolk) very flat and easy to get around. BUT - again the odd platform is used. On the plus side, no bloody hedges to look over or through!!!

I know Paul, but I Love Sporting. as a member of the CPSA and pay the same membership fee as a Vet member. I just want to shoot sporting, as you know when we used to shoot FITASC sporting until the French stopped us over health and safety. I just wonder if I was to book on one of the major CPSA sporting shoots that I might find issues with the stands as well. Any idea what it is like to shoot Southdown in a wheelchair.
There would be some stands at Southdown for the sporting that would cause an issue for a wheelchair such as platforms with steps, some Shooting stands through a gap into a field - it would be hard for a wheelchair user to get to these.  You couldn’t even shoot some of them outside of the platform because there isn’t anywhere for the wheelchair to go - bushes and banks.    Sportrap too would be such an effort to get a wheelchair over the grass to some of the layouts, probably not impossible but you would need a hand definitely.

There would be some stands at Southdown for the sporting that would cause an issue for a wheelchair such as platforms with steps, some Shooting stands through a gap into a field - it would be hard for a wheelchair user to get to these.  You couldn’t even shoot some of them outside of the platform because there isn’t anywhere for the wheelchair to go - bushes and banks.    Sportrap too would be such an effort to get a wheelchair over the grass to some of the layouts, probably not impossible but you would need a hand definitely.
Thanks Sian. you have saved me a wasted journey to Southdown. 👍

Will we have been in contact with  churchills and the scaffolding will be shot from underneath. 

Owls lodge very accessible
Bob, is there an access ramp to the club house now, as the last time I drove all the way there from Norfolk and I could not get into the club house. The young guy there broke up an old pallet so I had two boards to run on to the wooden decking at the rear, only to find when I got in, I had a flat tyre as one of the boards had nails in it. So all the way back home again to Norfolk. 🤣

Bob, is there an access ramp to the club house now, as the last time I drove all the way there from Norfolk and I could not get into the club house. The young guy there broke up an old pallet so I had two boards to run on to the wooden decking at the rear, only to find when I got in, I had a flat tyre as one of the boards had nails in it. So all the way back home again to Norfolk. 🤣
Hi

You can access the clubhouse from the rear door which is level.

hope this helps

I know this doesn't help you much since I'm across the sea in the USA but I would never (and have never) bergrudge a wheelchair-bound shooter any accommodation that would allow him or her to carry on with our sport.  Not only that, I would have a serious problem with anyone who would object so.

And if a disabled shooter needed help to get up and over some sort of barrier to the stand I would be proud to give it.

I know this doesn't help you much since I'm across the sea in the USA but I would never (and have never) bergrudge a wheelchair-bound shooter any accommodation that would allow him or her to carry on with our sport.  Not only that, I would have a serious problem with anyone who would object so.

And if a disabled shooter needed help to get up and over some sort of barrier to the stand I would be proud to give it.
I am sure any of us would help it’s just that lots of our grounds unfortunately are just impossible to navigate in a wheelchair.  Some shooting stands on platforms whilst you might get the chair in place, the shooter wouldn’t see the targets.  Lots are on natural terrains, field and woods and don’t have man made paths.  It’s a great shame.  I’ve never shot in the US but from what I have seen and heard your grounds are more wheelchair friendly, is that the case?

Back