zoli z ejector saga

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

I bought a used zoli z gun  first time out stand 5 ejector snapped in half ,  rang edgar brothers  they don't deal with public  trade only !  ok so my local gunsmith orders a new ejector slide   2 months later it arrived       mmm wrong parts !     having supplied all relevant  gun details  etc    its very poor service me thinks , ! 

I bought a used zoli z gun  first time out stand 5 ejector snapped in half ,  rang edgar brothers  they don't deal with public  trade only !  ok so my local gunsmith orders a new ejector slide   2 months later it arrived       mmm wrong parts !     having supplied all relevant  gun details  etc    its very poor service me thinks , ! 
So much for Edgar Bros product backup !!!!

Oh dear  !    not good service.  I have to say though I learned a hard lesson a few years ago, I stupidly bought a Darne shotgun (because I had always fancied one ?)  That too went wrong, first of all I had trouble finding a Gunsmith who would even look at it, then it cost almost as much as the value of the gun for the repair. Having paid the price, it did not stay long afterwards !

THAT taught me to stick with a gun,  that even the village idiot can repair  !

zoli z gun update  ,  local gunsmith received ejector  from edgar brothers  ,  free  . gunsmith says he will have to farm it out for fitting  as ejector is in rough blank form  cost estimated £130  -   £180       plus postage of course  ,  to reach this stage has taken 3 months ,    one reason perhaps we don't see many zoli  on the clay circuit !    

Not much of a gunsmith who can not use a file, a rim cutter ,and heat treat it ! I would call him a cowboy ,it's basic metal work I learnt in the 3 year in metalwork at school .

Last edited by a moderator:
My old gunsmith could weld anything! But no one want to do it or, cannot do it!  Not too many gunsmiths out there!

the ejector has snapped clean in half      metal injection moulding im told   ?
Whether your ejectors are MIM or not I can't say.

But let's assume they are.  If they are designed properly, made from a suitable steel, and heat treated properly, there's little reason why they should not last as long as an ejector made of wrought steel.

Zoli is known in the US for having an excellent importer and customer service.  They will definitely NOT tell you "we deal only with the trade".

Whether your ejectors are MIM or not I can't say.

But let's assume they are.  If they are designed properly, made from a suitable steel, and heat treated properly, there's little reason why they should not last as long as an ejector made of wrought steel.

Zoli is known in the US for having an excellent importer and customer service.  They will definitely NOT tell you "we deal only with the trade".
that's great for the us , but not so here !  I can only comment on my experience  here in the uk .

I'm sorry you had a poor experience with your gun.  Owners that I know personally love theirs.

Latest posts

Back