z gun ejectors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very carefully!!!! There are 2 types. Best do a google and see if theres a video, or a step by step guide.

Sorry Doc, but just have to ask WHY  ?

I have owned hundreds of guns over the years and apart from 1 S x S (an AyA), which had a slight rust problem, I have never felt the need to remove the ejectors. I just clean around them with a pigeon wing feather or pipe cleaner, re-oil and leave. 

Sorry Doc, but just have to ask WHY  ?

I have owned hundreds of guns over the years and apart from 1 S x S (an AyA), which had a slight rust problem, I have never felt the need to remove the ejectors. I just clean around them with a pigeon wing feather or pipe cleaner, re-oil and leave. 
wanted to remove them , clean thoroughly  lightly oil and replace ,  haven't  had gun long    peace of mind  thing !    gun is 2014   wonder if they have ever been cleaned ?

For me if I can't figure it out by looking at the bits for a few minutes then it's best left to experts (if it breaks), the Kronos I had wasn't a two minute job like the 682 ejectors but involved a grub screw and easing the tension off the springs a tiny bit so easy enough. 

I’m a bit baffled by the Blaser ones too. A YouTube video was pretty unclear.. I’ve left them in and cleaned around them.. But sometimes I open the gun, the cartridges don’t eject, but the ejectors are in the extended position. Just didn’t spring out with force.. anybody?

I’m a bit baffled by the Blaser ones too. A YouTube video was pretty unclear.. I’ve left them in and cleaned around them.. But sometimes I open the gun, the cartridges don’t eject, but the ejectors are in the extended position. Just didn’t spring out with force.. anybody?
is it possible some guns are overly engineered   ?        todays technology is great  but on many items   its not necessary  !!  

Oddly enough I’ve popped the ejectors out of both of my guns in the last couple of weeks . Anything that slides in a dovetail will over a period of time pick up muck . The ejectors on my ancient K80 lightweight were a doddle,  just a  light tap  forwards with a small plastic faced mallet  , (must remember to order some new pressure springs and the little ball bearings as spares,, as they are only pence I’ll change them next time ) . The 3 piece Browning system on the Miroku certainly slides better after a clean out. Ten seconds with a hollow ground screwdriver bit and you have an  ejector in bits .  It’s so easy that an annual clean isn’t a chore . 

on the side of your barrells near the ejectors you should see a small piece of metal at an angle  about 6mm wide and maybe 15mm to 20 mm long with 2 holes in it . get a pin punch and push in the pin and slide the piece of metal down and the ejector should slide out . you will have to slightly compress the ejector to be able to slide it out . its hard to explain but really easy to do . dont slide it out all the way just a few mm . if you slide it out all the wat the spring and pin will fall out ant they are awkward to get back on 

Last edited by a moderator:
on the side of your barrells near the ejectors you should see a small piece of metal at an angle  about 6mm wide and maybe 15mm to 20 mm long with 2 holes in it . get a pin punch and push in the pin and slide the piece of metal down and the ejector should slide out . you will have to slightly compress the ejector to be able to slide it out . its hard to explain but really easy to do . dont slide it out all the way just a few mm . if you slide it out all the wat the spring and pin will fall out ant they are awkward to get back on 
much appreciated  thanks .

Latest posts

Back