Muller

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bostonmick

Can anyone tell me if muller are still trading. I have sent some five emails through their website over the past couple of weeks and had nothing back. 

If that contact you're seeking involved purchase I'd suggest you should act on your great good fortune at this point in avoiding that expenditure and move on.😉

I take it you are not a fan of muller chokes,i myself have used them to great effect,i guess we all have different preferences,i believe we we all have limited amounts of good fortune in our lives I used mine when I avoided buying a perazzi shotgun,but thank you for your unbiased input.have a nice day.

The fact that there is no UK agent for these any more should in itself be telling you something about them!
I have been using them for several years now and as I said I have confidence in them,i know of the stories about them splitting and have seen a couple that were failing due to the coating coming away,this was on the featherlight ones of alloy construction,i understand the new ones are stainless steel so I will give them a try and see if I get the same quality breaks I do with the alloy.and I am sure they are not the only brand of choke to have ever had any fails,same as guns I guess all makes have some problems,

I take it you are not a fan of muller chokes,i myself have used them to great effect,i guess we all have different preferences,i believe we we all have limited amounts of good fortune in our lives I used mine when I avoided buying a perazzi shotgun,but thank you for your unbiased input.have a nice day.
Even tho I am unable to bring myself to sample the wares, I'm fascinated by the persistent belief that people seem to have that gunmakers market inferior accessories for their sometimes mega$ guns.

I can only surmise that you used up your share of good fortune prior to your Perazzi purchase decision as otherwise you would now have one and be relieved of some quest to improve what is is that you do have.

And a very nice day to you as well, sir.

Exactly charlie. One assumes that mr P and mr B for example know enough about guns in order to manufacture a "fit for purpose choke" after all it is but a piece of steel tube...hardly rocket science

You may be correct they are just tubes. But cartridges are just cartridges. And it beggars the question why are so many p guns on sale with teague fitted. Or do p not know much about chokes. 

If you spend any time patterning and chronoing cartridges you will find there not all the same. You pay for consistency, of muzzle velocity mainly.

As for chokes maybe the big brands dont spend anytime or money trying to re-invent the wheel, its a tube ever so slightly tapered, what can you do with that ??

Marketing bollox is what it is imo

A friend recently purchased some chokes from Muller in the USA, even though they were posted as a gift from Mrs Muller, customs charged him duty. I think it was £24.

Sending as “ a gift “ does not get a parcel through customs. It’s the  total declares value of the product  and delivery cost that trigger the charge . If those two exceed £39 you are charged VAT ,  plus the import duty applicable to the item you have ordered, plus a  customs clearance fee , which I think is £14 . You don’t get the goods untill you have paid . Sometime you can  get lucky and the parcel will arrive on your doormat without fees .

Of course you could ask the sender to lie about the value , but then you are asking the seller to gamble with his insurance if the package goes missing . 

If you spend any time patterning and chronoing cartridges you will find there not all the same. You pay for consistency, of muzzle velocity mainly.

As for chokes maybe the big brands dont spend anytime or money trying to re-invent the wheel, its a tube ever so slightly tapered, what can you do with that ??

Marketing bollox is what it is imo
Sorry... your wrong. It's not  Bollox.

It's Bollocks. 

I take it that those who claim that teague can tune a cartridge of specific type to your gun with their system are talking crap. Also beretta make guns with different barrels but use the same choke a sp will have optima and a dt10 will have the same yet barrels are different. A large part of shooting is having confidence in what you use I have that more with muller. Some people have confidence in one gun to another so who is to say which is correct. 

I found the customer service to be lacking when I dealt with them in the US. I lost faith in the product and the service so switched to Teague a few years back and have been really very pleased with the service and product.

I take it that those who claim that teague can tune a cartridge of specific type to your gun with their system are talking crap. Also beretta make guns with different barrels but use the same choke a sp will have optima and a dt10 will have the same yet barrels are different. A large part of shooting is having confidence in what you use I have that more with muller. Some people have confidence in one gun to another so who is to say which is correct. 
Regulating barrells for a specific cartridge is not a ground breaking idea, smiths have been doing it for centuries. Fine tuning the constriction is all it is, one persons constriction cannot be better or worse than another constriction it is merely a measurement

Given that Teague can manufacture any constriction  from true cylinder to extra full ,and can do it in any increments necessary  there there is no reason to suspect that they could not regulate a choke to deliver a specific pattern on the plate with a specific cartridge .  Gun makers have been doing just that for centuries . All you need is the money to pay for the time involved at the pattern plate and workshop . Plus of course a belief that your cartridge of choice will be a) consistent , batch to batch,  b ) be available next year .. 

I'm sure that Browning, Beretta, Perazzi, etc, research and development teams know a thing or two about chokes, it's all in the mind! l think that non marque chokes are inclined to be a tad tighter than standard, so appear to give better kills?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really want to talk about Botox then have a look at Brain Chokes made in Greece , now that is Rollox.🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back