Free scoring apps for android

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Will.  I don't enter comps so I would like a tracker for my scores to monitor myself as I practice

Quick fix. A spread sheat. That gives you the opportunity to use the data you want. 

But my two bits worth, I did it when I started out. And I do like statistics and data. But it takes the focus of what's really important. Shooting.

And going from 17 to 20 doesn't matter sh*t if its all right birds you miss.

And figuring out where you have the issues (low sharp angles, high 5 degrees of  center.) and during the shoot, you should NOT spending time and concentration on fiddling with a phone. 

That's just my still a newbie in trap observations. (now if you could get a mate, or your wife/girlfriend to sit behind you and make those observations, that would would be stellar) 

Lars

My answer was of course a veiled way of suggesting that competition shooting is a great way to go. Really, it’s the best courses and gives you a purpose. I wasted years before discovering it. Oh and your scores get recorded. 👍🏼

Cheers Lars.  Im lucky at my local club we have button pushers who will mark for you .  Will I am hoping to take up comps later in the year when I have more free weekends so i can  get sat and sun free .  I would like something to monitor my progress .I don't want to get my phone out after every shot or stand But I can transfer my scores at the end and put in info .

Cheers Dannymac

Your welcome Dannymac. 

The progress you want to monitor is that purely scores? I'm still an absolute novice when it comes to OT, but I focused way to much on my scores by keeping track of them. I can I only speak for my self of course, but instead of thinking of the bird I wad about to shoot, I was thinking about improving my scores. I didn't notice all the things I was supposed to (a tendency to miss certain type of targets and why). I actually for a time (and still do it now and then) only loaded one barrel instead of both. Didn't give a hoot about the score, but focused on what happened. For me it seemed that the second shot erased the first shot, and thus I had no clue what went wrong. 

And when I gave up focusing on scores, they actually improved. And I am so focused at the shot I'm about to take, that I often don't know when the round is over (often I load after my shot and move to next station, while everyone else is walking of the line.

During practice I have also dropped pushing the miss button, because if I do I know I will check my score after the round, and then I'll revert back to focus on 25 targets, instead of 1 target at a time. And now I can go home after a practice with a good feeling (good swings, solid breaks and not many chipped and so on) instead of feeling bummed that I didn't improve my scores or they have dropped (because then next time out I'd be even more focused on improving the score, instead of improving my shooting). I still go home now and then with a feeling that today wasn't good, but I have no idea if I broke more targets or less than usual. 

Lars

(I'll  of course push the button at practice if there is a bet on of who is buying the pint after practice. And if I forget, rest assured some one else on the line will push the miss button for me😁

Lars

Cheers Lars.  Im lucky at my local club we have button pushers who will mark for you .  Will I am hoping to take up comps later in the year when I have more free weekends so i can  get sat and sun free .  I would like something to monitor my progress .I don't want to get my phone out after every shot or stand But I can transfer my scores at the end and put in info .

Cheers Dannymac
In which case a spreadsheet is just as much use. Mucking about with a phone as you step out of the cage is counterproductive ( and antisocial :)  )

Photo the scorecard or take it home, sit down and enter it with a pint in hand.

But does that even help? If you are shooting trap it's a little easier but how do you remember which bird you have trouble with? In sporting disciplines was it the rabbits, loopers, teals or crossers that got you? It's not just the score that matters.

In which case a spreadsheet is just as much use. Mucking about with a phone as you step out of the cage is counterproductive ( and antisocial  :)  )
Is totally agree with what you are saying here. And was what I actually tried to get across. But obviously didn't succeed in that 🙂

Lars

Cheers tpd1309 , shooting day doesn't seem to available tried play store and net. Do you have a better address to pick it up

Cheers Dannymac

Latest posts

Back