Rules/competition question..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin_b

Are there any single barrel competitions (in the uk) where you have to use a single barrel gun? ( not just one cartridge in a double)?

I've been offered a Browning BT99  but i cant see when Id ever use it.

No there's not. I think that gun was developed for the American market where DTL is also shot as a single barrel discipline.

No there's not. I think that gun was developed for the American market where DTL is also shot as a single barrel discipline.
To my knowledge legitimate 2-shot DTL events are not held anywhere in the US.  Unfortunately.  There is an ATA doubles event that may or may not be like double rise tho.  Single barrels pretty much are the common ATA tool tho there are some shooters that do use an O/U.  IMO, and that of many others, feel that the dying ATA could easily be saved by nothing more than implementing the standard DTL format as that would require nothing more than adjusting the machines a tiny tweak.  But that will not happen, sad to say, and US shooters will continue to be cheated of a challenging and interesting game.  Too bad, really but there it is .....................

Back