Trap Shooting.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin_b

Ok I can now regularly get a 25 straight at DTL, but I've never done 2 consecutively, my mind wonders off and I loose focus and miss an easy one.  Its the same with OT, I can have a round in the 20's then follow it up with one in the mid teens. 

Is there anyway to practice concentration? 

Its the hardest thing to master,hitting clays aint hard,but hitting em again and again is,thats why dtl is one of the hardest to do well at.Empty mind and believe your pre shot routine works and only think about that when its getting close to your turn.Ben husthwaite has just done a article in clay shooting mag about it,its very useful. 

You shoot a line and try to hit them, it works you hit 25. You attempt to replicate this good shooting on the next line by trying not to miss. Trying not to miss never ever works. It is not a competition of 100 targets it is 100 competitions of 1 target. Treat it as such and shoot to win each of the 100 competitions and consistency will improve

Brilliant timing, struggled to concentrate shooting sporting yesterday, any more concentration tips or pre shot routines appreciated

Brilliant timing, struggled to concentrate shooting sporting yesterday, any more concentration tips or pre shot routines appreciated
You can have any pre shot routine you like BUT keep it very very simple and replicable in all scenarios. Practice re running pre shot routine after a no bird, no birds can really get in your head. Above all treat each target as THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS

Buy yourself a Trap semi auto. You will be that amused by the antics of the rest of the squad, you will will not lose any concentration at all  !       :rolleyes:

You can have any pre shot routine you like BUT keep it very very simple and replicable in all scenarios. Practice re running pre shot routine after a no bird, no birds can really get in your head. Above all treat each target as THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS
That’s a point,  my understanding with no bird is the shooter should call again rather than it just be released at the whim of the buttoner, is that correct?

That’s a point,  my understanding with no bird is the shooter should call again rather than it just be released at the whim of the buttoner, is that correct?
Yes, you start all over. Run your pre shot routine as though the no bird scenario never happened and call again. You see inexperienced trap shooters call for the bird again without dissmounting, this 8s never a good idea

In trap it's very rare these days to have a buttoner as layouts are acoustically relaeased.

For sporting and skeet the shooter should call again. If the buttoner releases the target then I would refuse it.

Mind you.. in practice rounds when this happens, just like when I shoot the first pair on a stand that I haven't had chace to see the targets,  I usually hit them! How does that work?  

Latest posts

Back