Moving eyes away from hold point?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Currently I pick my kill point, pick my gun hold point, I will then focus my eyes at the gun hold point to pick up the clay.

How many of you move your eyes away from the gun hold point back towards the trap to pick the clay up?

I look to where I first see the clay then watch the clay come to my hold point.

I look to where I first see the clay then watch the clay come to my hold point.
Thats what i think i need to work on, my current method doesn't always give me enough time to react to the clay in the same manner each time. Have shot a couple of fitasc lately and this really seems to have highlighted it as a fault.

Visual hold point is usually further back than the gun hold point on slower targets. On fast stuff might be nearer together. 

Thats what i think i need to work on, my current method doesn't always give me enough time to react to the clay in the same manner each time. Have shot a couple of fitasc lately and this really seems to have highlighted it as a fault.
Keep it simple and use Ben Husthwaites methods. Search youtube for Smokin Targets Crossers. He explains it athough it is quick.

You need to be mounting to meet the clay at your hold point so if this where you're  looking it will beat you gun almost every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also depend on the speed of your reactions, fast or close clays need a pick up point farther away from the trap, slow or distant clays you can almost look at the trap. Everyone is different, only practice will tell you the correct distance. To me the hold point is approx half way between the pick up and kill point, but again depending on the speed of the clay.

Latest posts

Back