Eley Hawk Titanium Strike & Titanium

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

Would any of you pay £300 - £330 for a competition clay cartridge?

https://www.eleyhawkltd.com/media-events/press-releases/eley-hawk-launches-titanium-strike-and-titanium

ELEY HAWK LAUNCHES TITANIUM STRIKE AND TITANIUM

New Cartridges launched

A new load on the 190th Anniversary of Eley Hawk
Speaking about the launch Eduardo Hernando, Managing Director of Eley Hawk said; "This year we celebrate our 190th Anniversary at Eley Hawk. Such an outstanding milestone has deeply inspired to engineer our latest innovation for the premium clay market. A combination of new components never used before in an Eley cartridge to carry on leading shooting performance and heralding the next 190 years of future proud manufacturing in the UK.

Titanium Strike
Launched as a high velocity and performance load it will be loaded in 28-gram and significantly in 24-gram versions in shot size 7.5 Ni (2.4mm). 

Nickel coated shot
This cartridge will have nickel coated lead shot and also features a high 25 mm nickel head brass for ease of ejection. The use of nickel coated shot has several benefits;

a) It creates a protective coating around the shot, so less deformed pellets occur at initial ignition, as well as, protecting the pellets as they travel down the barrel.
b) The shot flies down range towards the clay in a uniform pattern with fewer flyers (off-target pellets).
c) The shot is also hardened by the application of an innovative alloy coating. This increases the breaking power, especially the harder bio-degradable clays.

PSB +3 Powders
The PSB + powders used by Eley Hawk are progressive slow burn powders which burn evenly and reduce recoil. The powders are also graded to burn consistently shot to shot thereby providing an even performance throughout a round of clays. 

A  Type Wad
The "A type" wad provides excellent shot string distribution, improved recoil reduction and strong dense patterns at all ranges.

Titanium
This will be launched as a high-velocity load in 28 gram shot size 7.5 (2.4 mm) and 8 shot (2.3mm) These continental shot sizes are slightly larger than the standard shot sizes and give the shooter extra breaking power.

16 mm Nickel Head
The 16mm Nickel head is engineered to provide a solid base for propelling the load and deliver a smooth cartridge ejection for the shooter.

PSB +3 powders
PSB +3 powder has been used which is engineered in-house for high velocity and ultra smooth recoil.

"A-Type" Plastic and Kleena fibre wads
The cartridges will be loaded with the “A-type” plastic wad system which delivers outstanding clay breaks with recoil and shot cushioning for superior patterns.
The long history of “Kleena” wads originally pioneered by Eley Hawk used within the fibre version are excellent at providing clean barrels and intense patterns.

Superior patterning
The meticulous balance between the wad, powder, shot and pressures generated in the chamber and resulting speeds have all be carefully balanced to ensure superior patterning at all ranges.

Positive reactions from trade and public alike
Initial reactions from clay shooters at the hugely successful Atkin Grant and Lang English Sporting open and the official launch at the Northern Shooting Show have been overwhelmingly positive with many commenting that they are looking forward to shooting them in competition.

Expected Retail prices
Titanium Strike prices will vary but are estimated to be between £310 and £330
The Titanium prices are expected to be between at £300 and £315. 

NOTE - all expected retail prices given are an estimation and are in no way intended to provide definitive pricing under UK and EU pricing and competition regulations - Retailers will charge their own pricing to consumers and for a tighter price point for publication we recommend the press contact a retailer for prices. 

No, nej, neon, non, laa, nee, nie , njet! 

Would take the price of a round of OT for me from 7,7£ to 14,5 £. 

Lars

Set up a crosser and a Teal at 50 yards, get half a dozen AA's to shoot them blind with coated and regular, if the Eley rep can tell the breaks apart I'll pay it. 

Out of curiosity I'll buy a box when finances permit but I'd probably be a bag of nerves shooting them in competition if I bought a thou. 

I'm a cheapskate, usually pay less than £200 per thou. Maybe that's why I miss. 😉

I can imagine the product development meeting at Eley.

What have you got for us then Smithers?

Well sir, I’ve developed some new boxes with a completely irrelevant Titanium label.

Excellent. Why?

Well, you know the near crisis level of cost that cartridges have reached? I thought I would come up with a way of dramatically increasing it.

Will this work?

Yes I think so sir. There are still some shooters, usually the ones that haven’t been shooting long, who think that slinging a cloud of pellets at a fragile ashtray is a technical thing.

But the price Smithers, I mean surely.. These will only cost us another £10-15 per thousand to make, you’re not even putting them into an attractive shell case and yet you think we can charge another £60 over our already overpriced shells?

Yes Sir, with the Titanium name distraction and the addition of the word Strike, there will be enough people feeling they can make up for pointing the gun in the wrong place to cough up the money. 

But Smithers, if these pattern as well as you say, surely it might cause more missed clays, with a tighter pattern?

Careful sir, this room hasn’t been swept for bugs..

Why no fibre option in the more expensive version? In today’s world manufacturers should be ditching plastic a.together,  dry poor environmental responsibility from Eley.  To their credit Gamebore listened to my and others comments about one of their Vermin cartridges and released a fibre version.

In any event, these would be no good for me, sometimes I need fliers to compensate for putting the gun in the wrong place...

It could be argued that all they are doing is closing the gap in pricing between clay and game cartridges which has never made sense to me.

I wonder if these super mega whizzy cartridges will leave less crap in the barrels?

Last edited by a moderator:
"TitaniumThis will be launched as a high-velocity load in 28 gram shot size 7.5 (2.4 mm) and 8 shot (2.3mm) These continental shot sizes are slightly larger than the standard shot sizes and give the shooter extra breaking power."

Doesn't this just mean we can't label our shot sizes correctly or we are trying to cause more confusion?

"Giving the shooter extra breaking power" well if its that important lets chuck in some SSG's!!

Shooting OT most grounds throw resin clays and i can guarantee that cheap end shells will smoke em,although there is one make thats a little tougher and i have uped the second barrel with 6.5 to compensate, if these more expensive shells were super smooth with less recoil then that would be more of a insentive than trying to tell me they break clays better,wich i very much doubt.

Only my opinion if money is no object and they give you confidance ,fill your boots ,good luck.

They are going to be £60-80 a thousand dearer than Pro One 28g, so unless Kylie Minogue is to come and load for me, included in the price, then I'm out.

Have Eley completely lost it? I pay that for game shells but I'm certainly not doing upwards of 800 of those a month.

They are going to be £60-80 a thousand dearer than Pro One 28g, so unless Kylie Minogue is to come and load for me, included in the price, then I'm out.

Have Eley completely lost it? I pay that for game shells but I'm certainly not doing upwards of 800 of those a month.
Tight wad. Which is probably an additional feature in the cartridge too..

Tight wad. Which is probably an additional feature in the cartridge too..
Look what £80 gets me in shooting; tank of diesel which carries me 450-ish miles, 300 practice clays at Sporting Targets, 2 entries, etc.

£80 extra per thousand means one less of the above.

Lets be honest, bins at grounds aren't overflowing with used Eleys which says a lot. 

Back