ShootClay Admin

Privacy and GDPR

ShootClay Admin

Hey folks, 

By now, you've probably read dozens of emails exactly like this one, so I'll keep it super brief. 

I'm updating the ShootClay Forum privacy policy in preparation for the EU's General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) later this month. Although these changes are spurred by European law, I think privacy is super important and so these changes will apply to everyone, no matter where you're located.

Here's a quick summary:

• I am not asking to collect more data or use your personal data differently — instead, I'm being more specific on how I use the information I collect, how long I keep that data, and the rights you have regarding it.
  • As part of that, I'm also adding information about how you can control the usage of your personal data.
  • Finally, I'm providing clarity around the legal bases we use to process your information, including providing the service to you, complying with the law, improving services, fighting abuse on the system, and developing new features for you.

For the full scoop, you can review the updated privacy policy here. It takes effect today.

If you feel like you want to opt out of any email communication from the site - you can adjust those settings here.  I'm going to send an email to all forum members, so you may see this message twice, apologies for that. 

By using ShootClay Forum on or after today, you'll be agreeing to these changes.

If you have questions about these changes, feel free to email me at admin@shootclayforum.com.

Matt

• Like 1

ShootClay Admin

Final update on this - privacy policies for anything 'plugged into' the forum site are now listed in the general policy:

http://www.shootclayforum.com/privacy/

As before, any questions or concerns, please let me know.